Battle Fish
Battle Fish
Submitted By:
Launch Trainer!
Action Bubble Fighting Fish Upgrades

Wondering where the hacks are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Wondering where the sol files are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Battle Fish

Last Updated: 07/01/2020 16:25

Sorry, there are no badges available for this game.

Game Dscription
Battle Fish, a free online action game brought to you by Armor Games. "Legends tell of an invading fish named piggles who striked down the enemy with his ion cannon..." ~~Folklore 65, 34~~Click down the bottom to make bubbles to heal your fish, C...
Battle Fish Posted on: 07/01/2020 4:25pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

This is an awesome game, I found out it due to a user request that brought to my attention that the game lacks ways to persist data or even just the ability to replay the same level after a loss. That ruled out any kind of save modification and did not leave many obvious solutions so i started pursuing an unhortodox approach. Being based on flash actionscript2 i knew the game had to be based on a main timeline with code attached to specific frames and entities, so I started forging an aob that would prevent the game from hiding the default context menu options that allow frame navigation. This proved rather difficult cause there is not much time to apply the aob before execution upon load and even putting aside finnicky results it did not feel right nor sufficient. So I dug deeper into the structure of the game and realized there is a certain order to the frames that might allow me to apply a smart solution to remap to which frame the game should jump on loss. My hunch got confirmed quickly and effectively, so I wrote a cheat engine lua script to reroute the destination frame in the bytecode of the level controller that checks for a gameover. Now you dont have to start from level1 upon loss as per requested.

I would have liked this kind of write up when I was newer to peek into somebody's mind and their thought process developing hacks. Hopefully this might be helpful to somebody and allow for personal growth. Good luck and keep hacking,