Holy shit, there's someone I haven't seen in ages. :D
I really do want to reiterate, I have no intentions of ever shutting KongHack down permanently, I just don't know where to go from here. We have no developers, and everything's been stagnant for YEARS.
Thanks to new changes in Chrome's security model, cookies aren't being passed in the userscript's iframe, so there's no longer a way to detect who you are, so auto-loading content is broken. I'm even being logged out at random now a days.
Most of the low level tools I had are long gone, so when random people ask me to lookup shit by email address or IP or what have you, I don't have a way to do it without connecting straight to the DB and running queries. I mean, that's not a real problem, but it's a long ass process to get through all of the protective layers :P
Anyway, I don't forsee us ever making any kind off comeback. We're outdated and dead, while the competition is active and turning a profit. I guess if I'd have come up with some kinda money making scheme a decade ago, someone'd be on the payroll actually earning a living off writing AoB's, but that's just not the case. Essentially, we missed out by being an open free community.
Anyone have any viable ideas where to go from here?