Kong Auto-Rater
-migrated-
Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/23/2009 10:30am
Quote Post
So much work gone to waste due to spam and a crashed forum... *sigh* :roll:

Alright... one more time...

Kongregate limits you to a maximum of 50 points per day for rating games (1 point per game). Here's how to save yourself some time and trouble:

The Greasemonkey script for Firefox (HERE) will automatically enter a random rating (1~5 stars) for every game you load up in your browser. This method is slow, but you will never get busted for using it, its automatic and as long as you have the Greasemonkey add-on enabled, you can set it and forget it.

pkedpker (of KBH fame) developed this nifty executable: Rapidshare // Mediafire

Be careful with this one - the default upon opening is 1 game per second. Quickly change the interval (top variable) to at least 10000 (1 game every 10 seconds). The games are randomized and those that are already rated are recorded so they are rated again. Just remember to turn it off after rating 50 games per day and maxing out those points.

The Ragnarok updater works for some and not for others. It had a sweet interval setting, randomizer and log, but was ultimately unreliable (was working for me as recently as January, but so many complaints). Same as the above option, if it is working for you, remember to shut it down after rating 50 games for the day.
Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/23/2009 12:15pm
Quote Post
The GreaseMonkey script works wonderfully. Pkd's program works as well.

These two are a lot (imo) better than the buggy Rag-v.14.

Tookie

Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/23/2009 4:04pm
Quote Post
I didn't understand how to use the first one.
Do i have to open the games I want it to rate? Or how do I turn it on?
Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/23/2009 4:25pm
Quote Post
I wouldn't suggest using the fully automated rater. I just use the greasemonkey script along with the flashblock addon. To use the script, all you do is load any game and wait for the page to load and it rates 1-5 randomly. You use flashblock so the page loads much faster and doesn't have to wait on fully loading the game and chat. What you need to do for this to work well, make a new text file go to first page of uploaded games and rate your fifty write down the game you started rating on and date it was uploaded, and the last game you rated and write down date uploaded with the page number of how many example 24/720. The reason I wouldn't use the fully auto rater, it's easy as hell to get caught with. Even if it randomly picks a number it still tries to rate games that don't exist since it's set like 1-20000 or whatever. Plus there would be one or two other problems that could be spotted by an admin that I won't mention.
Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/23/2009 5:37pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Gameace"
I wouldn't suggest using the fully automated rater. I just use the greasemonkey script along with the flashblock addon. To use the script, all you do is load any game and wait for the page to load and it rates 1-5 randomly. You use flashblock so the page loads much faster and doesn't have to wait on fully loading the game and chat. What you need to do for this to work well, make a new text file go to first page of uploaded games and rate your fifty write down the game you started rating on and date it was uploaded, and the last game you rated and write down date uploaded with the page number of how many example 24/720. The reason I wouldn't use the fully auto rater, it's easy as hell to get caught with. Even if it randomly picks a number it still tries to rate games that don't exist since it's set like 1-20000 or whatever. Plus there would be one or two other problems that could be spotted by an admin that I won't mention.

So if I understand correctly it would just be much easier to rate all games manually (start on last page of the "newest games"), since you have to go to the games you wanna rate
Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/24/2009 3:19pm
Quote Post
Gameace's method is what I've been using. I used to use Rag's autorater, but then, after leaving it on to rate a game every 5 seconds or so...well after a few days, it wasn't working well. Plus it randomly rates them ... thus messing it up if you were to rate manually (I have to open 6 or more pages full of games in order to get my 50 points as many have already been autorated).

So you load up the page like this one (http://www.kongregate.com/latest_games?page=638) and put it on your links with the name of the last game played/date that that game was released (22092007-DTD1.5 for example). Or just check out your point history to see the last game rated for ...

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as the autoraters, but you will (eventually) have rated 100% of all the games on Kong....by the year 2020...if you're that determined....

Tookie

Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:08pm
Quote Post
The thing I find amusing about the cap is that one of my friends used to rate 600+ games a day legit, he'd actually play for a bit and rate it, when the cap came out he stopped doing it XD

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:19pm
Quote Post
I use auto rater.I just let it run until i get 50 games then I stop.Whats the big problem?
Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:26pm
Quote Post
Maxi - check your pms
Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:28pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Innocence"
I use auto rater.I just let it run until i get 50 games then I stop.Whats the big problem?

No problems really. You keep using it and we'll see what happens. if anything.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 2:01pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Ok... I've rated about a thousand games using the auto rater and haven't had a single problem. (broken image removed)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: [Sticky] Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 3:36pm
Quote Post
Just remember to cap the speed of the auto-rater to 3000ms (3 seconds) to not look like a bot.

I had no problems using the old Rag autorater...but I found that it would rate few games, even if left on for hours at a time.

TIM, do you leave the autorater on 24/7?

Tookie

Re: [Sticky] Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/25/2009 11:02pm
Quote Post
I slightly altered the GM script so that it only rates 1-4.

Code: [Select]
var randomnumber = 1 + Math.floor(Math.random()*4);specifically.

I doubt any random game is going to solicit a 5 from me. If it does I'll be sure to give it that manually, since I'll be enjoying it.

If you want 2-4 change that to:

Code: [Select]
var randomnumber = 2 + Math.floor(Math.random()*3);Tada!
Re: [Sticky] Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/27/2009 9:24am
Quote Post
Nice one TKS, I hadn't even thought of tweaking it to make it do that.

Tookie

Re: [Sticky] Kong Auto-Rater Posted on: 03/31/2009 6:12pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
I run it through a full 50 only once a week, if I remember to do it at all...

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez