[Closed] Site Name Change
RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/08/2014 8:57pm
Quote Post

Cool name. Much better than Kong Hack cause this site is not only about Kongregate. So yeah yes

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/08/2014 9:39pm
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 01/08/2014 7:04am

Design wise, what do you guys think?  I want this to be something that's easy on the eyes for everyone.

I'd like the name in either KongHack red, or in some shade of blue.  For me, red is harder to see on black, but then again my eyes are all fucked.

Also, which do we really want to go with?  Cheat Asylum since more people search for "cheats" or Hack Asylum because we're fucking bad ass?

Don't like the design much. The header itself looks horrible, it hurts my eyes, way too bright and neon-like it seems. Background...It's too black and dark. The design is pretty much trying to conjoin bright colours with dark colours.

I could make some graphical work on that new site though.

I'd go with Hack Asylum.

FinalStrife7 Posted on: 01/08/2014 11:11am

"Nyuck-nyuck. Get it? 'Cause we're so crazy!"

The Three Stooges reference! *hits you with a hammer* Spread out!

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/08/2014 9:56pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Nexus Posted on: 01/08/2014 3:57pm

Cool name. Much better than Kong Hack cause this site is not only about Kongregate. So yeah yes

If you're referring to Hack Addict, I'll get it if you want to spot me $2600. ;)

It's unfortunate that we're all in different time zones and couldn't get together for an actual meeting to come up with this shit

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/08/2014 10:04pm
Quote Post

The name should capture what we do, but at the same time I'd hate it to be too impersonal. This is not just a hack database; it's a community.

The following factors should be taken into consideration IMO:

• Relevance (reflects the content)
  • Identity (reflects the community)
  • Memorability ("juangolianh4x0rz" = bad)
  • Length ("badasshackersofthebanhammer" = bad)
  • SEO

Please tell me if I left something out you think is important.

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/08/2014 10:12pm
Quote Post

"SaucyJacksHacks"

BAM.

PRE-EMPTIVE EDIT: yes, that was sarcasm. And yes, I'm well aware the name could be read two ways; both are intended.

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 2:34am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
KongregateHack Posted on: 01/08/2014 5:04pm

The name should capture what we do, but at the same time I'd hate it to be too impersonal. This is not just a hack database; it's a community.

The following factors should be taken into consideration IMO:

• Relevance (reflects the content)
  • Identity (reflects the community)
  • Memorability ("juangolianh4x0rz" = bad)
  • Length ("badasshackersofthebanhammer" = bad)
  • SEO

Please tell me if I left something out you think is important.

That's even the correct order.

99.99% of SEO comes from your content, not your domain name.  It's just a general rule that your domain name should match your actual site name.

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 3:57am
Quote Post

GameHacksLibrary, AoBkingdom, CheatScholars ?
I see some interesting TLDs in the list here, play with that... GameHackers.camp  or Cheater.academy ?

About the design, maybe you can get some inspiration from CSS Zen Garden. Best would be to have at least one dark and one light style.

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.
RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 3:12pm
Quote Post

I dont care about the name, so pick one that suits the web most.
By the way, i find difficult to remember how to write Asylum right, as english isn't my mother language, and its a word rarely used :/

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 5:06pm
Quote Post
Stalin15 Posted on: 01/08/2014 4:39pm
The Three Stooges reference! *hits you with a hammer* Spread out!

:>

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 6:27pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
Meldinov Posted on: 01/09/2014 10:12am

I dont care about the name, so pick one that suits the web most.
By the way, i find difficult to remember how to write Asylum right, as english isn't my mother language, and its a word rarely used :/

dont worry, you can still use konghack.com and it will redirect you.

FinalStrife7 Posted on: 01/09/2014 12:06pm

kadat should totally crop that and use it as his picture.

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 8:57pm
Quote Post
thenewcomer Posted on: 01/09/2014 1:27pm
kadat should totally crop that and use it as his picture.

If there was ever an "oops, I just sharted" face, that'd be it. :D

What about hackaddicts.com? I like that one a lot. Kinda gives a subtle nod to crack addicts, but in a less don't-drop-the-soap kind of way. I actually like that one a lot.

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 9:09pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

HackAddicts.com is now purchased and in the list of available domain names!

I like that one the best so far.  Less "rapey" to make Kolonel sleep better at night.

Now for a theme...

UPDATE:

Oh shit!!!!  Check this out...

Rename points to ccs, or mgs, or kilos, or something.  Add new drug related items for your profile, make a game out of it.  Add in some alternative ways of earning points so people can buy crack, heroin, meth, etc.  

Shape the logo like a pill.

Possible viral marketing campaign, get some sugar pills branded with "HA".

Yeah, HA!

OMG, so much fucking shit to do...

Replace all progress bars with syringes.

Do something with scroll bars?

Also, asset packs.  These are effectively themes.  Keep the KongHack asset pack, make a Hack Addict asset pack (set to default), maybe a Hack Asylum asset pack, etc.  Who knows!

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/09/2014 10:28pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer

Although I had suggested cheat over hack before, that was because people really do search more for cheats than hacks, and obviously would redirect more trafic in our direction. However, having in mind the spirit of the site, I guess hack really does characterize us better since we're not a cheat database nor do we rely simply in codes that are already present in games nor do we offer only simple cheats that anyone could figure out with a little of work (mostly byte searches and it's derivates). I believe that what makes us different from other sites is that we offer people the AoBs and that is really the difference between us and the competition.
As it was said before, we do not have a site focused in the hosting of pre-cracked games. That's the main difference with the many other sites out there. I'd say that we have a more friendly approach to newbies than those pre-cracked sites, and that should also direct our choice of new name. Having this in mind I can outright say that having "database", repository or anything similar would be a bad move. That doesn't seem to be what we're doing, simply because we don't have a site just to host games that are pre-cracked (if we have that at all!), nor it is a simple site where cheats are submmited and that's the end of it (sort of like the cheat sections of game forums), nor is it a place where people come and talk about cheating only (considering that there is more to cheating than simply asking how to cheat).
So a name for the site should have in mind that this is more than just a cheating list site, more than a place for people to talk about cheating, more than a place where people go and learn how to cheat/hack. Since they're all together, names like tutorials, repository and even wiki shouldn't be considered as all of them have a very straight foward meaning and they don't sum up all of the spirit.
Also, I favour the idea of the addiction since hacking is sort of an addiction. The more you do it the less you want to play it normally. Heck, once you're so into it you might not even be able to play like a normal gamer, thinking only about ways to exploit the game and make it go by your rules.
The only problem with HackAddicts is that people might be confused with the singular form of it but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Considering that there are so many other sites out there that might turn out to be a scam if you type the name wrong with or without a letter from the name, that shouldn't be really of concern right now.
Going with this idea, I think it would be interesting to get further into the theme thing of "addiction" as TIM suggested and embrace it with everything that is related to the site, if only just to get us more into the name :p.
Thefore I suggest that the names of the mods should be abbolished and either a "Dealer" or "Seller" should be adopted in place.

(On a side note, and perhaps worth of consideration, getting so into the theme of "addicted" might not give the best of the impressions, but heck, since when have we cared about that?)

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: Site Name Change Posted on: 01/10/2014 12:28am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

After everyone decided to be dicks, we're not changing the name.