Some "Internet" problems, mostly speed
Some "Internet" problems, mostly speed Posted on: 04/11/2014 2:11pm
Quote Post

So, I use FireFox Version 28.0 (According to "Programs and Features") with these addons;

GreaseMonkey with KongHack script, Adblock Plus and MEGA (Because default Firefox hates MEGA for some reason). It also got Hotspot Shield, but it is disabled since I no longer use it, I uninstalled it. As for Plugins;

Intel Identity Protection Technology, (There are two of them and I don't know what they do, it says something about Intel web components, what?) Adobe Acrobat 10, Java Deployment Kit 7, Java Platform SE 7 U51, Flash Player and Unity player.

The problem I'm having is related to speed, I think. This is how it is:
Every time I get in some link, it takes a very long time to load, sometimes it does load but not "correctly" so, such as missing pictures, bad format, etc. When I press F5, it turns back to normal. To be more specific, it's not just a link, it's also internet browsing itself, if you know what I mean.

My workaround is to go to that link, and then go back one page and back inside it, it loads up quickly than just clicking on it without going back or refreshing. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? It's getting very tedious.

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
RE: Some Posted on: 04/11/2014 3:16pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man

First off, for security reasons, I'd disable the Java plugins and only enable them when needed. There are a fuckton of java exploits out there. Uninstall the Hotspot Shield since you don't use it anymore. You could probably disable the Intel plugins if you're not using them.

After you do that, close out of firefox, hold down shift and then (double) click on your firefox shortcut to open it up in safe mode, see if the problem persists.

Some more info on the Intel Identity Protection Technology:
http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Intel-Identity-Protection-Technology-13783-program.aspx
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/identity-protection/identity-protection-technology-general.html

If all else fails, try restoring or reinstalling firefox. That, or switch to Chrome or SRware Iron...

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: Some Posted on: 04/11/2014 4:24pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
gates Posted on: 04/11/2014 11:16am

hold down shift and then (double) click on your firefox shortcut to open it up in safe mode

now thats something i didnt know. thanks gates

RE: Some Posted on: 04/13/2014 12:35am
Quote Post

By disabling, you mean "Never Activate", right? Tried that, didn't seem to work. Tried going Safe Mode, didn't work either.

I guess I can only reinstall my FireFox.

I remember I once had some problem in which it suggested to use regedit and make it so the cache (forgot which, but it's not Firefox's) is cleaned every time. Could that be causing this problem?

RE: Some Posted on: 04/13/2014 6:27am
Quote Post

Which ADP (Ad Block Plus) Filter Subscriptions are you currently using?  I used to have a similar issue with Firefox, which I eventually discovered was partially due to the Filter Subscriptions I had selected / enabled.  Also check custom filters.  Back up your Browser cookies, sol files, etc, and clear out the cache and cookies.  Select everything.

RE: Some Posted on: 04/13/2014 2:59pm
Quote Post

The subscriptions I use are the default ones which are EasyList, Malware Domains, Fanboy's Social Blocking List and EasyPrivacy. Adblock Warning Removal List is not subscribed.