[Suggestion] Don't eat posts because of errors... :P
Forum deletes post content if there is an error.
Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 11/28/2014 5:44am
Quote Post

This is the 3rd time I've tried posting now. Each time there has been a _new_ problem with the post, that a simple edit could have fixed, but the forum software ATE my posting. I hope this one makes it through.

SUGGESTION:
Do NOT delete the contents in the editing area just because there is an error on the server. It really sucks to have to worry about all the time you spend on a post, and then have it DELETED because you didn't know some silly rule like "title needs more then 3 words". That just plain and simply sucks. I could have just updated the title, and clicked "Post New Topic" again.... but I can't because my entire post is now GONE.

So instead, I wrote this one... please fix, and I will come back and write the real post I made before.

*sigh* (life is hard enough, dont need computers eating my words too)

RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 11/28/2014 5:47am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

The editor itself has a system that backs up your posts locally.  See the attached image.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 11/28/2014 6:05am
Quote Post

That's very cool, ty,
Maybe make a label for it...it's not super obvious. :)

RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 11/30/2014 9:46pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man
megac Posted on: 11/28/2014 1:05am

That's very cool, ty,
Maybe make a label for it...it's not super obvious. :)

Check out the last image in the 101...

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 02/27/2015 6:43pm
Quote Post

ya I missed that system too when i just started. I didn't know it can back up locally. but i learn from my mistakes it's working so well actually. once you know how to use :D

RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 02/27/2015 7:37pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

The "backup" feature may be going away if we roll with the latest CKEditor.  I've been using it on a new client site and it works great in IE11 (this one breaks IE11 when dialogs open), and it's much faster all around, with a bunch of new plugins, including its own spoiler system. :P

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 11/02/2016 10:11am
Quote Post

nice, didn't see that feature :) I wish that something like this was on all sites :)

RE: Don't eat posts because of errors... :P Posted on: 11/02/2016 8:44pm
Quote Post

Wow i have never seen such a feature on a forum but damn is it a livesaver!