[Help] Unlock Vote System
Unlock Vote System Posted on: 04/27/2017 12:15pm
Quote Post

Hello

I did use a hack for "Slurpy Derpy" recently and wanted to thank the creator by voting it up. Then I saw I need at least 5 Posts in the Forum to unlock this feature.

So I headed over to the Forum, trying to start some serious discussion without senseless spaming like "thanks" and all that stuff.

But it looks like it's pretty hard to get any posts. There are so many old Threads I don't want to post in, because I don't want to get banned for necroing stuff.

Posting something on game related topics is not easy, too. Since the lasts posts are often old/outdated, too and I don't know what to write without getting banned.

So if someone can tell me which part of the Forum is more active, this would be great. I really want to unlock the vote feature, because if I use some hint/hack that works, I really want to say "thanks" by voting it up.

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 04/27/2017 4:15pm
Quote Post

I agree, the forums aren't really the most active and it can be hard for new members to join in the chat. I think that it would be nice to also have an age check to unlock features. That way you don't have to worry about people trying to game the system by creating duplicate accounts. The age could be something reasonable like 30 days or 90 days...

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 04/27/2017 7:31pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

You could say this topic got your foot in the door

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 04/27/2017 10:37pm
Quote Post

Well, yes, thats true Zenwaichi :-)

But I have to agree with sinucus1, it would be nice to unlock the voting system in different ways. But I know, changing the current system, may be a lot of work, too.

Thank you for your answers!

Glad I'm still not banned :D

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 04/28/2017 10:54am
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

This has been discussed a few times already but nobody has brought up a better solution that doesn't require too much effort to implement and considers the position of the staff that needs to go after prankster cleaning up after them. Give it a try

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 04/30/2017 10:49pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
Neider Posted on: 04/27/2017 8:15am

So I headed over to the Forum, trying to start some serious discussion without senseless spaming like "thanks" and all that stuff.
awesome!

But it looks like it's pretty hard to get any posts. There are so many old Threads I don't want to post in, because I don't want to get banned for necroing stuff.
necro'ing a thread is actually pretty hard. usually the only time people get banned is when the last post was 8 years ago and they leave a useless post like "lol yeah"

Posting something on game related topics is not easy, too. Since the lasts posts are often old/outdated, too and I don't know what to write without getting banned.
you wont get banned for necro'ing a specific games thread as long as you post something meaningful and not "thanks" or "hacks broke???????????"

So if someone can tell me which part of the Forum is more active, this would be great. I really want to unlock the vote feature, because if I use some hint/hack that works, I really want to say "thanks" by voting it up.
most of the forum is semi-active. a good starting place would be any of the games in the kong forum since those are the most popular, or simply creating threads with suggestions about the site (like this), or answering a coding problem in the programmer subforum, or even talking in chat as long as its not spam or offensive. also the KHUT auto upvotes if it successfully enables the hack

we would love to get rid of the 5 post limit, but it seems to be the most effective and least required amount to stop people from simply voting randomly for points. the vote system is so the community can tell which hacks are more likely to work at a simple glance, not a "gimme points" feature. if you guys can think up a better way that stops useless bullshit and requires less effort for you guys, we would love to hear it. we take those kinds of suggestions very seriously

also it used to be 10 posts at one point but someone suggested 5 instead and we all agreed that would be better

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 05/02/2017 12:05am
Quote Post

I'm allready thinking about other solutions, but I'm not very happy with the results yet.

The only idea I've got so far may be an optional quiz you can solve to unlock the vote feature. (Optional means you can solve the quiz OR get 5 posts). The quiz contains questions about the rules & FAQ of this site. So to solve it, you have to read them carefuly. I think this would allready prevent most people from doing stupid things with the vote system, since stupid people are too lazy to read stuff and trying to solve a quiz only to do bullshit for a little while until they get banned.

Maybe I get some more ideas in the next days.

Regards

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 05/08/2017 7:34pm
Quote Post

I guess implementing a system that checks if the hack actually got used is kind of hard work, am I right?

RE: Unlock Vote System Posted on: 05/08/2017 9:58pm
Quote Post
Foreign Fanservice

1. KHUT already autochecks on hack activation and can vote if it succeeds/fails. IIRC it doesn't require 5 posts either.
2. Doing it old school and manually using cheat engine is completely standalone from KH. There's no simple way to check that.
3. There's no solution for stupidity, all you can do is stem the flow.

Survival of the fittest? Then why are there so many idiots around...
Point proven.
Listen to many, speak to a few.