Should we keep this site going?
It's been ages since we've updated, and Flash is dead...
RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 04/23/2023 6:14pm
Quote Post

How about opening up to the Flashpoint community? 
It could open the doors for new hack submissions.
If enough people got attracted, someone may even decide to make some kind of a "cheating addon" for Flashpoint. 

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.
RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 06/09/2023 8:07pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Might be worthwhile, but who has the time to write any code anymore? 

Flashpoint: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 07/07/2023 3:06am
Quote Post
God of Mystery

To be honest it depends on weather the site is worth the cost. If you are losing money, I'd say to just let it end. We had a good run for many years, but Kongregate is practically dead. At this point maybe a Discord would be better suited for the community than a full site.

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 07/09/2023 12:37pm
Quote Post
byte-pusher par excellence

Hoooly.. haven't been here for ages, logging in and the first thing I see is talking about shutting it off kinda still hurts... But agreed, Kongregate is dieing a slow painful dead and I wouldn't know where to shift the attention to. Also I was mediocre with Flash games already so anything else is out of my league anyways. Damn.. Miss the good old times.

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 07/17/2023 12:20pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Permanent invite link: https://discord.gg/PYQpbTch48

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 11/12/2023 2:28am
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.

Well, the question is more how much it is costing to keep it going than anything. I don't imagine the traffic is too crazy these days, so the bandwidth and hosting probably isn't overly expensive.

Is there a possibility of pivoting to another purpose? I am not really that up to speed with what's popular with games anymore, but I remember that the chest engine forum also was nuked, so perhaps the market just doesn't exist for this anymore

lol idek why i still come here

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 11/27/2023 3:11pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Long time no see!

Hosting is about 120/mo. I massively overengineered everything, and that's the smallest I've been able to chop it down to without needing to rewrite code. Our theoretical max concurrent users was around 250k back in our prime, so the infrastructure needed to be able to withstand high concurrency without crazy race conditions on a scalable system. We're lucky to see 1k uniques a month now, and the majority of those are bots.

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 11/30/2023 3:01am
Quote Post

It's a real shame that it's come to this point though.  I wish that there were a way to reliably archive this site's contents so that if it does shut down, at least all of the hacks that people have added aren't lost to time.

RE: Should we keep this site going? Posted on: 12/04/2023 9:29am
Quote Post

Geez I remember when I was still in junior high and often visited this site to hack some daily achievement on Kongergate haha. ughhhh memoriessss

Sad that Kolonel is gone from this site without leaving his legacy code to be passed on, what a bummer.

Well, my suggestion is, let's end here brothers and sisters, it's all in the past now, let's move on. It's not like HTML5-based games will become the future of gaming either, PC gaming build is rather cheap these days, kids nowadays play Fortnite, and don't forget gaming on mobile too, I think it's not worth the hassle to keep it like this anymore. The passion for Flash games already died a long ago, too, thanks to Adobe for killing Flash!

Let's start a new chapter, if you still have the spirit and the money to do your hobby, build something like a general gaming community. maybe that revolve around making a cheat table for PC games and not being limited to browser and certain gaming portal? that would be the right step I think, and don't be afraid of a competitor like FR, OCT, etc. You have this unique forum design that I proudly say will outshine them all, along with your work ethic so far I'm quite confident that what you build next will be as awesome as KH. Cheers ~