Remnants of Skystone
-migrated-

Wondering where the hacks are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Wondering where the sol files are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Remnants of Skystone

Auto-Post
Last Updated: 09/19/2012 02:29

Remnants of Skystone

-migrated-
Last Updated: 12/01/2010 21:55

Meet 'n' Greet

Complete the "Introductions" quest from Admiral Stanton

"It's Your Nidarian Duty"

Earn 150 Nidarian points

Remnant Reclaimer

Complete "River Remnant," the 30th story mission

Pockets Full of Sprockets

Collect any 60 sprockets

Game Dscription
NOW WITH WEAPONS! Platformer MMO set in a Steampunk world. 2D side-scrolling action in single-player and co-op featuring three classes, each with their own move sets and abilities. Complete over 100 Missions and Quests in single-player, and team up with other players for Co-op Trailblazing with 3 new maps each week! Each player also receives housing called Floats, which you can decorate with spoils from quests or with items purchased in town. New quests and content added weekly!
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 05/30/2010 8:50pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "DeathsCreation"
Lockerz is nothing like a survey site. Shit points gain twice a day for overpriced shit you'll never be able to afford.

Surveys are much easier to automate. Fireform and FiZiX's PointGAINER are godmode for surveys.
FiZix's can skip through 30 pages worth of Y/N questions in a snap and Fireform takes the ones you fill out in a single click.
Most survey sites will let you run it straight to a PayPal as well.
The problem is that they now all have you fill out a survey to qualify for the survey. And the bot programs only answer yes/no questions. Most Surveys avoid these now to prevent you from using the bots...
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 05/30/2010 11:29pm
Quote Post
Just an idea:
Some posts before it was mentioned that searching for double truncated gives a result, then i though: Everything that you pick between saves must be stored in local data, and local data is possible to hack.
If this work all the problems realated to: trophy farming, item collecting, xp farming, in other words everything that you can get while solo playing is solved.
It's just a idea, but if it works better use it for little amounts or a ban will come :? .
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 05/30/2010 11:53pm
Quote Post
.sol is located in *internal.kongregate.comgamez002692*
'0692 cannot be found', even in XP Search.

Nice try though, but MP games' .sols are usually hidden or located somewhere else, probably somewhere in a folder with their name on in and not in the Kongregate folder.
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 05/31/2010 11:52am
Quote Post
Really thanks for the help, so the problem is not being able to get the values, it is to find the .sol and edit it.
Well, my hacking skill are poor so i cannot help with this matter.
Really thanks (broken image removed)
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 05/31/2010 12:03pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "hugojmaia"
Really thanks for the help, so the problem is not being able to get the values, it is to find the .sol and edit it.
Well, my hacking skill are poor so i cannot help with this matter.
Really thanks (broken image removed)
Yeah, most MP .sols aren't publicly available to edit, especially when it comes to important values such as money, experience, etc. That stuff is very usually connected to their servers (thus "server sided"), even if we edit the .sol on our side, it has to match what's on their side from the last previous state until an actual action is made (such as killing a monster, buying/selling, doing a quest, etc.). The code is usually obfuscated so an AoB is rare in these cases. IF we can understand the code, or at least make a program to understand/deobfuscate it perfectly for us and translate it to a language we can understand, we could make an AoB that changed the value as well as making the game think we've done that action for almost EVERY action, even when the values are or aren't local/server-sided. It should be successful, but if a mod catches on that too many players are doing this, then we're "screwed".

tl;dr: MP games suck when it comes to hacking, and it's usually not worth it until the right tools are released.

Well, that's all I have to say about MP games lol, if we could put this in one of the stickies so that we don't have to type this horrific monstrosity ever again, that would be nice!
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 06/23/2010 4:48pm
Quote Post
Instant kill does not seem to work anymore or am I doing s.th. wrong?

I'm using FF 3.6.4 and CE 5.6
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 06/23/2010 5:25pm
Quote Post
The internet browser doesn't change the result, and you're using the latest version of CE.
I haven't try the AoBs for this game, and maybe the game is patched or updated now, so I can't tell you if it still works.

You can always check one more time if you're not doing somethig wrong by following the next steps :
- Launch the game on your internet browser
- Launch CE and select firefox as process
- Search for the AoB in value type = "Array of Bytes" and change it before clicking anythig on the game (if the game doesn't wait you click a "play" button to leave the loader, use the speedhack to do it before the game is loaded)

Hope it helps you (broken image removed)
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 06/23/2010 5:30pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Kazuru-Zenshou"
The internet browser doesn't change the result, and you're using the latest version of CE.
I haven't try the AoBs for this game, and maybe the game is patched or updated now, so I can't tell you if it still works.

You can always check one more time if you're not doing somethig wrong by following the next steps :
- Launch the game on your internet browser
- Launch CE and select firefox as process
- Search for the AoB in value type = "Array of Bytes" and change it before clicking anythig on the game (if the game doesn't wait you click a "play" button to leave the loader, use the speedhack to do it before the game is loaded)

Hope it helps you (broken image removed)

Grr :evil:
the FF updated itself and it seems that they have outsourced s.th. Now you have to select plugin-container.exe.
Noticed it while i tried to dump the game from the memory and there was nothing in FF. So I tried the plugin container-process and voila, the hacks worked again...

strange ;-)

AOB instant kill woks...
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 06/27/2010 2:01pm
Quote Post
So, from now on, you have to do all AoB searches on plugin-container.exe ? So that's the reason I haven't been able to find any AoB's lately :lol:

BTW, I couldn't find the instakill AoB before I went to Steamport City (the first place with monsters) so I assume that all other AoB searches must've done this way too?

E: Grammar mistakes... Corrected 'em.
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 07/01/2010 6:33pm
Quote Post
I don't really like this game too much

Thank god KBH works (broken image removed)
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 07/02/2010 3:30am
Quote Post
Quote from: "ParanoiaComplex"
I don't really like this game too much

Thank god KBH works (broken image removed)
Thanks for sharing [/sarcasm]

Can this thread die now?
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 07/08/2010 6:28pm
Quote Post
Not just yet, Chao.
I have a small little question...

Is it possible insta-kill in co-op mode? When I tried killing enemies in co-op mode, they didn't die by 1 hit, so I assume it uses a different code?
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 07/08/2010 8:17pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "ZeroZ"
Not just yet, Chao.
I have a small little question...

Is it possible insta-kill in co-op mode? When I tried killing enemies in co-op mode, they didn't die by 1 hit, so I assume it uses a different code?
Since it's co-op, you have to connect to their servers, making it, yep you guessed it, server-sided. Unless someone *cough TiM* finds a way to feed information to their servers, there is no way yet.
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 07/09/2010 7:43pm
Quote Post
O well... Guess we just have to survive without. Btw, the "Quilltoads don't shoot"-hack didn't work for me. Yes, I tried to do the search when there were quilltoads on the screen, but it resulted in nothing.
Re: Remnants of Skystone Posted on: 07/12/2010 5:44pm
Quote Post
Hey,
just found out you can hack the X and Y positions...
(probbably it's just helpful to get into areas where you normally would get later frist)

(for those who want to try -> search for unknown initial value (double) -> run right -> search for increased value -> run left -> search for decreased value -> stand still -> search for unchanged value -> repeat till you have only one result)

i think they are not really useful, but as you can hack positions there should be some more things you can edit

tell me if i'm wrong, but if a monster drops something, isn't it possible to hack the drop?
- like ammount or type
- multiply the drop
- then pick it up

with the search for HP (typ double) i found out 2 adresses
i used them to find 2 pointers
the address of one of those pointers can also be used for the X and Y positions
so if anyone could find out something else when finding the pointer i would really be happy

Edit:
oh, well, and 1-hit-kill and freezing HP-value still works [7.12.2010]