"Free Space Optimization"?
"Free Space Optimization"? Posted on: 04/08/2014 4:17pm
Quote Post

I got this 3rd party Defragmenter, and it apparently has some sort of defrag mode called "Free Space Optimization".

I was wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it is worth using it?

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
RE: Posted on: 04/08/2014 6:49pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack

free space is the space on your hard drive where theres no filer/folders written onto it (not unallocated, thats different)

just like they have free space cleaning in many programs, im sure theres an optimization/defrag of it.

personally, i use AUSLogic's free program for defragging the entire hard drive (including free space)

RE: Posted on: 04/09/2014 1:50am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

I take it you just found O&O Defrag?  Used to love using that program.

Anyway, as far as O&O goes, it's freespace defrag would try and move all of your files to the start of the drive, allocate all of the freespace to the end of the drive.  Disk IO runs faster the closer to the center of the disk.  Less rotation time or something like that. :)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Posted on: 04/11/2014 11:15am
Quote Post

My first defrag software were Diskeeper but dead so i moved on O&O defrag but O&O got a flaw when electricity cut-off( my country does that a lot) while defraging the files that in process might get renamed into some sort of codename aliens to me. I wonder if it was fixed now, currently using UltraDefrag since its simpler and faster. you can check it out at filehippo for defrag softwares like ultradefrag, o&o, and others freeware but great software.

RE: Posted on: 04/11/2014 2:02pm
Quote Post

This Free Space Optimization sounds nice.

Does anyone know how can I make it so when I go to sleep, Auslogics does a Free Space defragmentation and then shuts down when it's done?

(Yep, Auslogics is the Defragger I use)

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
RE: Posted on: 04/11/2014 3:33pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man

Edit: Actually, just read this... http://www.auslogics.com/en/newsletter/archive/how-to-schedule-defragmentation/
Not sure if there's a setting in there to always defrag and optimize, but if there is make sure it's checked.

You could use the Windows Task Scheduler and have it run nightly/weekly whatever. Make a .bat file and put "shutdown /s" (I think that's the command to shutdown) in there. Then make another task and have that run the batch file an hour or so after the defrag (or however long it takes). Set your conditions to whatever you want (only run if idle for x minutes). If you do that though, make sure there aren't any programs that are keeping your computer from going idle or it'll never happen.

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!