Computer sucks, need help.
Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/19/2014 2:48pm
Quote Post

So, I lost my dear goddamn computer but luckily, not whole, only the motherboard and videocard died, but the rest (Processor, RAMs, Harddrives) survived. I'm now waiting to get some cash to buy those two things, hopefully it won't take long.

For now I can only use this piece of shit laptop computer that can't even run any damn 2000's and up game with at least 25 FPS.
Here are the specs:
Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition (Uh oh) with SP1
2GB of RAM
Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4400 2.20GHz

Now I dunno the videocard exactly, but I think it is "Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel" or "Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family", better details of this videocard here:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date:        06/19/2014
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]:    16:43:29
Driver Version:        8.14.10.1930
Operating System:        Windows 7 Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)
Default Language:        English
DirectX* Version:        11.0
Physical Memory:        2038 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:    8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:    358 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:    87 MB
Processor:        Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel
Processor Speed:        2194 MHZ
Vendor ID:        8086
Device ID:        2A02
Device Revision:        03

*   Accelerator Information   *

Accelerator in Use:        Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS:        1471.0
Current Graphics Mode:    1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)

*   Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator   *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

*   Notebook   *

Monitor Name:        Generic PnP Monitor
Display Type:        Digital
Gamma Value:        2.20
DDC2 Protocol:        Supported
Maximum Image Size:    Horizontal: 12.9  inches
            Vertical:   8.2  inches
Monitor Supported Modes:
1280 by 800 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
    Standby Mode:    Not Supported
    Suspend Mode:    Not Supported
    Active Off Mode: Not Supported

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Okay so, I bet I'm pretty much fucked up with 3D gaming, I bet not even Quake 2 will play at good performance. Luckily I can play with 2D emulators like SNES and Mega Drive, but still. What bothers me more is the speed, it's rather horrendous, is there any way I can increase speed without having to buy anything?

And any good 2D game suggestion? I like playing action-RPGs, action-adventure and action-horror.

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/19/2014 3:47pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Get into Terraria, and in a few thousand hours, you'll forget about everything else.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/19/2014 3:55pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

download more ram. A video chip so shitty they didn't even give it a specialized name, no wonder I mount it too. You can emulate up to ps1 : final fantasy VII, vagrant story, legend of the dragon, resident evil 3, digimon world, digimon world2,digimon world3,digital card battle, parappa the rappah. I'm positive those are less than  half of the honorable mentions for ps1 games. GB emulator: pokemon from the oldest, skip ruby/emerald, try the r/b/y remakes;there are couple yugioh games to waste time too. SNES: why don't you just waste like half giga of bandwith and download the whole collection? <- not an actual question

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/19/2014 3:59pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/19/2014 5:52pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/19/2014 7:18pm
Quote Post

Left Click 'Start' > Right Click 'My Computer' > Left Click 'Properties' > Left Click 'Advanced System Settings' > Left Click 'Settings' under the Title 'Performance' > Left Click the 'Advanced' tab > Left Click 'Change' under the Title 'Virtual Memory'.  Select 'Custom Size' For each Physical Drive and set them to Min: 1024 / Max 2048 OR Min: 2048 / Max:  4096. Select 'Set' after entering the new values.  Okay yourself out of each properties menu.  Restart your computer.

Check for newer versions of graphics / display drivers.  Incase you find newer driver versions, research a little bit to insure that you're not better off keeping your current drivers. Sometimes the driver updates can cause annoying to BSOD issues, so better safe than sorry.

Do you have Solid State Hard Drives (SSD), or Hard Disk Drives (HDD)?  If you have regular HDDs, look into Defragmenting your HDD.  If you have SSDs, do not defragment them.
I'll edit this post if I can think of anything else.

RGentle

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/20/2014 12:47pm
Quote Post
Zenwaichi Posted on: 06/19/2014 11:55am

SNES: why don't you just waste like half giga of bandwith and download the whole collection? <- not an actual question

HAHAHAHA! It's not that SNES is shit-free, I know it has some bad games on it as well. Guess I'll replay the whole DK series.

The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 06/19/2014 11:47am

Get into Terraria, and in a few thousand hours, you'll forget about everything else.

Well, I get bored of boring games easily. Need some thrill.

gates Posted on: 06/19/2014 11:59am

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

What's that exactly though? A joke? A virus? A joking virus?

EDIT: I get it, it's some kind of "sick joke" for those too dumb about computer technology. When were you ever able to download RAM? Now that's cruel, I wish RAM was FREE!

RGentle Posted on: 06/19/2014 3:18pm

Left Click 'Start' > Right Click 'My Computer' > Left Click 'Properties' > Left Click 'Advanced System Settings' > Left Click 'Settings' under the Title 'Performance' > Left Click the 'Advanced' tab > Left Click 'Change' under the Title 'Virtual Memory'.  Select 'Custom Size' For each Physical Drive and set them to Min: 1024 / Max 2048 OR Min: 2048 / Max:  4096. Select 'Set' after entering the new values.  Okay yourself out of each properties menu.  Restart your computer.

Check for newer versions of graphics / display drivers.  Incase you find newer driver versions, research a little bit to insure that you're not better off keeping your current drivers. Sometimes the driver updates can cause annoying to BSOD issues, so better safe than sorry.

Do you have Solid State Hard Drives (SSD), or Hard Disk Drives (HDD)?  If you have regular HDDs, look into Defragmenting your HDD.  If you have SSDs, do not defragment them.
I'll edit this post if I can think of anything else.

RGentle

I'll try that, thanks. Don't think Intel are good with drivers themselves though.

It's HDD, should I get Auslogics Disk Defrag or will Windows' own defragmenter be good enough?

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/26/2014 1:58am
Quote Post

Personally, I would either stick to Windows Disk Defrag or go with something like Piriform Disk Defrag.  Download Link for Piriform Disk Defrag:  http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download/standard .
While running Disk Defrag - either one -, make sure that you close out any unnecessary programs and make sure you're not going to be using your computer for the time it takes to run.  Might be best to let it Defrag run overnight while you're sleeping.

On a side note, depending on which - if any - anti-virus package or suite you're running on your computer, could be influencing your computers functionality and or speed.

RGentle
P.S. Sorry for taking so long getting back to you.  Been busy working on a commercial income tax.

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 06/26/2014 2:17am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
Stalin15 Posted on: 06/20/2014 8:47am
It's HDD, should I get Auslogics Disk Defrag or will Windows' own defragmenter be good enough?

actually, i used to use both of those and i switched over to O&O defrag after tim mentioned it. it works MUCH better than both auslogics and windows. id recommend that for defragging. i think it might have an SSD option too. its pretty cool

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 07/12/2014 10:41pm
Quote Post

Graphics on that laptop are bad but you could visit the "Can you run it?" site (link below) to see if there are any games it can handle that you want to play.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 04/16/2015 5:53am
Quote Post
SilverWombat Posted on: 07/12/2014 6:41pm

Graphics on that laptop are bad but you could visit the "Can you run it?" site (link below) to see if there are any games it can handle that you want to play.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

THanks!

RE: Computer sucks, need help. Posted on: 04/16/2015 6:34am
Quote Post
gates Posted on: 06/19/2014 11:59am

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

totally legit m8 i r8 ur b8 8/8