[Help] Stuck on AoBs, no progression
Stuck on AoBs, no progression Posted on: 12/26/2014 1:42am
Quote Post

I really use google, read, try, google again and try even harder before I ask a (stupid) question. But now, I am stuck.
Game: http://www.kongregate.com/games/pytachok/invasion
In this game you have 10 different units to defend whatever against enemy units, typical strategy defense. The only real value I saw there are skill points, which were easy to manipulate with simple 4b*1. What I wanted to do is change the enemy health to 1.

So I dumped the .swf and opened SoThink. 
1. P-Code, search for "HP"

2. Class Name: Enemy Hero at line #237, _as3_getproperty hp

3. Source Code, _healbar.reset(allHPSolder("max"));

4. Raw Data:I searched for "allHPSolder" and found a a piece of code that looked useful.

_as3_findpropstrict source.heroEnemy:EnemyHero::allHPSolder
//2c a0 0e 
_as3_pushstring "max"
//46 f2 0a 01 
_as3_callproperty source.heroEnemy:EnemyHero::allHPSolder(param count:1)
//4f 89 0a 01 

Because there's no real value, I just changed the code in small steps and checked the result. Game crashed everytime. I tried other searches aswell, but w/o anything useful.

2 days before I tried to create a "buying adds money" AoB for http://www.kongregate.com/games/mokshal1663/fantasy-clicker. ...I'm too stupid. I searched for "money" played around with the results, searched for add (a0), subtract (a1), 93 (decrement), 91 (increment), c1 (subtract), c0 (add) and other weird stuff.

I checked the last submissions in the hack database to get a clue how an AoB looks before and after manipulation and if there's a pattern but well, no result.

What I want to ask you is the following: 
If you do your next AoB, can you please write down what you searched for, and which piece of code you changed?
The game doesn't really matter, I just need to get a better understanding of READING...if that makes any sense. Would help a lot if you could do that. 
Thanks, G.

E: Just to make sure you understand that I am not a lazy ass, I could fill 7 DIN A4 sites just with the codes I saved and played around with in the past 4 days. The basic tutorials (CE, AS2, AS3 and the ones on konghack....I read them.)

E2: From Zenwaichi, (Makes some heroes stronger, archer and ?), Invasion:
62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 60 ?? ?? a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ?? 62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 60 ?? ?? a2 60 ?? ?? a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ?? 62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 60 ?? ?? a2 60 ?? ?? a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ?? 62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 60 ?? ?? a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ??

62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 02 24 10 a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ?? 62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 60 ?? ?? a2 60 ?? ?? a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ?? 62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 02 24 10 a2 60 ?? ?? a2 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ?? 62 ?? 66 ?? ?? 02 24 10 a0 5e ?? ?? 2b 61 ?? ??

RE: Stuck on AoBs, no progression Posted on: 12/26/2014 9:23am
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.

search health

search _maxhp

SOOOO

//62 ??
_as3_getlocal <4>
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_whoIM
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_whoIM
//d1
_as3_getlocal <1>
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_baseHero
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_baseHero
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 70
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_maxHP
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_maxHP
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 8
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMin
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMin
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 14
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMax
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMax
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 0
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_armor
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_armor
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 16
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_attackCount
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_attackCount

then becomes

//62 ??
_as3_getlocal <4>
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_whoIM
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_whoIM
//d1
_as3_getlocal <1>
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_baseHero
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_baseHero
//24 01
_as3_pushbyte 70
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_maxHP
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_maxHP
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 8
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMin
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMin
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 14
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMax
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_damageMax
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 0
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_armor
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_armor
//24 ??
_as3_pushbyte 16
//5e ?? ??
_as3_findproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_attackCount
//2b
_as3_swap
//61 ?? ??
_as3_setproperty source.unit:BaseSolder::_attackCount

lots of entropy bytes to ensure minimum matches. in this case i want two matches.
the other ememy/boss _maxHP are push short instead of push byte, so youll need a different aob

eta: 
you can also get there by this series of searches
health -> allHPSolder -> maxHP -> _maxHP

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: Stuck on AoBs, no progression Posted on: 12/27/2014 6:06pm
Quote Post

Thank you so much!

There's 1 weird issue. I searched for health, HP, allHP and so on in my first attempts. When I search for health, I get these 2 results (in source code, P-code and raw):

When I select the "BaseSoldier" script in the "Enemy" folder and search for health again, I get the error "Cannot find the string health", as in the picture above. I don't get why I get different results crying

I'll come back to this asap, won't be at home for the next 2 days.
Thanks again KolonelKadat!

RE: Stuck on AoBs, no progression Posted on: 12/27/2014 6:32pm
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.

in our screen shots, look directly to the right of the search box. you will see something different in mine. It is a _very_ important option that I only turn off like 1 in 100 000 searches.

also, The class is not "BaseSoldier", it is "BaseSolder". 

I know I'm being pedantic, but youve gotta be detail oriented if you wanna be good at this shit. 

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: Stuck on AoBs, no progression Posted on: 12/27/2014 7:12pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

goro this game is poorly coded by a  russian who can't even spell in english, I told you this is a wrong target to pick to get better.  In nature if I see a hyena pick a fight with a lion I don't there to save his ass.

RE: Stuck on AoBs, no progression Posted on: 01/03/2015 5:57pm
Quote Post
kolonelkadat Posted on: 12/27/2014 1:32pm

in our screen shots, look directly to the right of the search box. you will see something different in mine. It is a _very_ important option that I only turn off like 1 in 100 000 searches.

also, The class is not "BaseSoldier", it is "BaseSolder". 

I know I'm being pedantic, but youve gotta be detail oriented if you wanna be good at this shit. 

Ah, that's not pedantic, there's only 1 correct way. Thanks for clearing that up!

Zenwaichi Posted on: 12/27/2014 2:12pm

goro this game is poorly coded by a  russian who can't even spell in english, I told you this is a wrong target to pick to get better.  In nature if I see a hyena pick a fight with a lion I don't there to save his ass.

I get you there and you helped a lot already. As I wrote in my first post, the game doesn't really matter. I created this post because I was stuck on all games I tried, I didn't know what to search for anymore since I never got any real values to work with, didn't know what else I could look for. I didn't create it because of these 2 games. I just checked newest releases on kong and tested almost every game that isn't Unity based.

With these tips I can go on! Thanks to both of you :)