Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Current TODO list.  Feel free to add more below

ALPHA Phase

1. Level Up Info
  2. Weapon Selection
  3. Attacking other nations (Will come back to this to re-balance)
  4. Display current attributes
  5. Purchaseable techs
  6. Landmarks & associated bonuses (Need Graphics)
  7. Prize Orbs
  8. Fort System
  9. Counter Attack System
  10. Rebirth System
  11. Agriculture Nightly Bonus
  12. Internal Landmark / Orb Lists.
  13. Re-Balance Attack/Defense
  14. Tech Description pages Available at: https://khwar.com/war-info/technologies
  15. Prize Orb description pages

BETA Phase

1. Help system & documentation (Lol_wut's tutorial should work)
  2. Graphics for land masses
  3. Intelligence system
  4. Game Chat
  5. Restructure map into quadrants, generate flat images, make shit look NICE!
  6. Alliances

GAMMA Phase

1. Internal infrastructure of your nation.
  2. Internal "unit" management
  3. Internal "building"
  4. Hero Units

Last Updated: 2015-01-18

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/11/2015 10:51pm
Quote Post
Silence, My brother

Probably a good idea to implement some kind of spy system prior to attacking another nation

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/12/2015 12:31am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Silentbladez Posted on: 01/11/2015 5:51pm

Probably a good idea to implement some kind of spy system prior to attacking another nation

There are Intelligence and Counter Intelligence attributes. :)

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/12/2015 2:04pm
Quote Post

Suggestion: a chat (the current one will do but perhaps in a separate room) below the game or to the right.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/12/2015 2:55pm
Quote Post

This is probably really low on the to do list as well, but some sort of tutorial would probably do wonders for figuring out how everything works. A brief description of geo efficiancy, if the different land color squares make any different to stats. Basic things. Should probably also make a description of what the techs do when you hover over them or click on them, but before you buy them. Otherwise you might click on a cool sounding tech that turns out to be worthless, and you just wasted a level up.

Speaking of level ups, will there be a way to undo your selections, or even reset your whole nation? With what you said to ZuckeR, I realized that there could very well be a noob or even somebody who doesn't realize it that will end up getting to 0% efficiancy and be screwed for the game, especially if somebody comes by and ends up taking most of their squares so they can't recover efficiancy.

Sorry for laying this all on you TIM, but I had the ideas and wanted to get them out there before I forgot

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/12/2015 3:49pm
Quote Post
gamer1024 Posted on: 01/12/2015 9:55am

This is probably really low on the to do list as well, but some sort of tutorial would probably do wonders for figuring out how everything works.

Did you read the TODO List? Part 6, 7 and 8 pretty much cover that i would say.

khwar.com
RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/12/2015 5:28pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
gamer1024 Posted on: 01/12/2015 9:55am

This is probably really low on the to do list as well, but some sort of tutorial would probably do wonders for figuring out how everything works. A brief description of geo efficiancy, if the different land color squares make any different to stats. Basic things. Should probably also make a description of what the techs do when you hover over them or click on them, but before you buy them. Otherwise you might click on a cool sounding tech that turns out to be worthless, and you just wasted a level up.

Speaking of level ups, will there be a way to undo your selections, or even reset your whole nation? With what you said to ZuckeR, I realized that there could very well be a noob or even somebody who doesn't realize it that will end up getting to 0% efficiancy and be screwed for the game, especially if somebody comes by and ends up taking most of their squares so they can't recover efficiancy.

Sorry for laying this all on you TIM, but I had the ideas and wanted to get them out there before I forgot

See 6.  Land doesn't do anything at the moment.  Eventually there will be mountains, which you will not be able to capture.  The mountains, just like water currently is, are non-capturable, which means they will cause geo efficiency penalties if you build around them. :P

Resetting your nation will come eventually.  We're not even to PVP yet.  Resetting will start you completely over though.  As it currently stands, you can Evacuate ALL of your land, refresh, and it will place you in a brand new location somewhere randomly on the map.  You can ALWAYS evac, so there is always a way to recover.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/13/2015 5:06am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

When you level up, you'll now get a ton of information about the techs available.  There's also a tab at the top now that will switch you to your list of techs.  Click those for full details.

Your attributes now display and are all calculating properly.

There's a fuck ton of JS in this change, so you may need to ctrl+f5 to get the new set of code.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/13/2015 2:12pm
Quote Post

Ah, sorry. I didn't realize my suggestions were already on the to do list. Or rather, I wasn't thinking when I made them and didn't realize they were pretty much the same things. I'm sorry for that.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/13/2015 3:03pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
KongregateHack Posted on: 01/12/2015 9:04am

Suggestion: a chat (the current one will do but perhaps in a separate room) below the game or to the right.

Hmm.  I'm thinking this might need to be a tab.  I do intend to have this up on Kongregate once we get that far. ;)
I'd use the same setup, but dump users into a different room.  It's how the orgs system within the CMS works.

I've added a few more things to the todo list.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/13/2015 3:56pm
Quote Post

So question - is there any point to building our nation before most of this stuff goes in?

I don't know what effect all of the attributes have, so I don't want to get to a position where I've screwed myself by picking this over that, or by expanding too much, or by missing out on exploration bonuses, etc.

In other words, is it better to keep trucking away and leveling up, or will I most likely have to do a full reset in order to take best advantage of certain aspects of the game?

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/13/2015 7:00pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Right now, the game is barely an alpha.  As we move between phases, the game will be reset, the map regenerated, etc.

I have no idea how long we'll be in alpha.  I'm building this in my spare time, which is very limited most days.  I'd say we might not hit beta till after tax season.

I have plans for getting the prize orbs done soon, then purchaseables, then pvp.  Prize orbs will give you points (yeah, points for the site), while purchaseables will cost points.  The longer you hold onto a prize orb, the more points you get.  That's why PVP will be so important.  Right now, the game doesn't have much of a purpose.  Click some boxes, level up, who cares.  When you start earning points, and you can attack other nations to steal their prize orbs, things get much more interesting.

I'm goanna call it that once 1-7 are complete, I'll call it Beta.  If everyone wants to keep their shit, so be it.  If they want to start over, we can do that too.

When all items are complete, or at least everything that makes the game what it is, is complete, I'll call it 1.0 and wipe everything.

1.5 will happen when the game hits Kongregate
2.0 will happen when I build the inner workings stuff for Kingdoms.  This is a completely new thing that the old game didn't have, so it should set us far apart. :)

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/15/2015 2:08am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Checked off weapon selection.  It's not perfect, but it works.  Apparently you can't hide select options in a select box without actualyl removing them, then re-adding them in the future.  Meh, fuck it, it works for now.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/17/2015 11:35pm
Quote Post

A speed boost would be really good. Ie. Performance.
It takes too long to gain your new squares.

RE: KH War TODO List Posted on: 01/18/2015 12:04am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
DarethMortuus12 Posted on: 01/17/2015 6:35pm

A speed boost would be really good. Ie. Performance.
It takes too long to gain your new squares.

If there was not a delay, you could spend a few minutes writing a bot, then consume the entire map.

tl;dr: the delay is there for a reason, don't ask about it again.