[Help] AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed
OK. So I am here looking for AntiVirus software suggestions.
AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 03/23/2015 11:03pm
Quote Post

My gaming pc comes with McAfee. It expires today and I was gonna renew it but trying to get some suggestions before I do so. Thank you! :)

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 03/24/2015 1:21am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Not McAfee. :D

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 03/24/2015 2:36am
Quote Post
disgruntled old man

I'm a big fan of free. With that being said, there are a bunch of free options out there and that is what I'll recommend. I know a bunch of folks here like ESET, but that isn't free. Now with the free options, you do have to occasionally deal with nags, but hey, it's free. I'm sure other members here can offer alternatives.

Avira - I've found that Avira picks up more malware than the others I've tried. This is what I use on most of my computers at home and what I install on other computers I end up fixing.
AVG - Another free one, pretty popular.
Avast - Free, also pretty popular.
Microsoft Security Essentials - This comes with Windows. I read on a bunch of different forums that this is the only protection some people use. No nags, and I'm pretty sure it's updated with your Windows updates.

Those are the first ones that come to mind. In additon to that, I'd recommend installing Malwarebytes. It's free and it's awesome. While you're there, download Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. It'll attempt to protect you from 0-days and other exploits. The paid version offers better protection, but something is better than nothing.

Here are some reviews: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus,review-2588-5.html

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 03/30/2015 12:58am
Quote Post
Dark Lord

In time i have installed a lot of different Antivirus, free and not, and in the end i found that Avira Antivir Free is the best choice, it block much more virus and malware compared to other software, don't need a lot of resources to run and being Free is a nice addition.

It have some problems that can be easyly solved:

1) It will try to install some shit during install so be careful what you click.
Sometime it will add some extra function (like My Avira Online) with updates but those things can be removed without problems.

2) It nag at you with ads once installed, expecifically a big window once per day and some messages in the lower right corner of the screen from time to time.
Both this things can be prevented completely by Blocking Avnotify.exe and IPMGUI.exe in the firewall (even the Windows Firewall alone wirk, just use the advanced option to manually add them to the advanced rules).

3) It will tend to make some false positive, if this happen to often reduce or disable Heuristic Detection or whitelist the files you know that are secure.

Apart of that is a great problem, there is no need to upgrade to the premium.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 03/30/2015 12:59am
Quote Post

A couple people who I believe know more about computers than I just told me to use Microsoft Security Essentials and if I avoid being stupid I should be alright.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 05/28/2015 1:40am
Quote Post
Valkyrie Posted on: 03/29/2015 8:59pm

A couple people who I believe know more about computers than I just told me to use Microsoft Security Essentials and if I avoid being stupid I should be alright.

The problem with the internet in that regard is that, like driving, you're not the only one on the road. To a large extent, there are diminishing returns to increasing safety. The unknown variables of other people/sites on the road are what make it dangerous, so "avoid being stupid" only goes so far. There have been countless times (generally) family-friendly sites have unintentionally run ads from a networks where a malicious ad made it through the screen (deviantArt comes to mind.) Someone might spoof your friend's email address to you. Things happen. It's generally a lot harder to be overprepared than it is underprepared.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 05/30/2015 10:02pm
Quote Post
Level 1

Always used Avast and never once had to format or call a technician (I'm a technician myself). Trust Avira a lot also.

Thought I should share some knowledge with the community, since everyone starts newbie before going pro:

1.Don't EVER use a paid antivirus that is hacked. The program used to crack the protection, often opens a backdoor on your computer, install a keylogger or something like that. Stay away from them, since lots of paid ones are trustworthy.

2. When installing an antivirus, or any program, by that matter, READ the screen, before pressing the "next" button. The majority of programs, free or otherwise, install third-party software and other garbage on your computer, and a simple "I don't want the bigtruckerboys.com toolbar" during the installation should do the trick.

Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 05/31/2015 2:33pm
Quote Post

I dont use Avast, im hate this program; One time i got malware...
McAfee is horrible, not comment...
Avg, same level the avast... not recommend;
Im test Avira, this is very awesome, much simple and trust;
Norton, this u need pay or cracked. But is much heavy program and slow;
Kaspersky is pay or cracked. I use this for 4 years and never got virus. This program, have much functions and protection;

I recommend, Avira or Kasperky. For me this program is the best.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 05/31/2015 5:51pm
Quote Post

I had used Avast in the past but a relative's computer running Avast was infected with some a less-than-serious virus that at the time was older than a year and Avast kept saying the machine was clean.  I uninstalled Avast, installed Avira, scanned (found and cleaned) the virus and left Avira on that machine.  That incident was maybe 4 years ago or so and maybe Avast has improved since then but that was when I moved on to Avira for good.  Been using Avira for years since without issue. 

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 06/22/2015 7:21am
Quote Post

COMODO Internet Security is a free all-in-one program created by an ex-hacker. On most testing sites it's on par with the best paid anti-viruses.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 08/10/2016 12:55am
Quote Post
hypnokat Posted on: 06/22/2015 3:21am

COMODO Internet Security is a free all-in-one program created by an ex-hacker. On most testing sites it's on par with the best paid anti-viruses.

Trust me, they are free for a reason and they charge you for 1 year using also for a reason. On free AVs I can recommend Avast, Avira or AVG. Don't ever mind other names.

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 08/14/2016 7:12am
Quote Post

You could try googling IObit. It has some pretty good anti-virus programs and give discounts everyday if you want the premium versions

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 08/14/2016 10:58am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
hypnokat Posted on: 06/22/2015 3:21am

COMODO is indeed great, and free, but its actually a firewall and not an antivirus. used properly it can stop spyware and bloatware, but it wont find and remove them as far as im aware. still a wonderful tool if you know what youre doing

RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 09/11/2016 12:57am
Quote Post

I find Advanced Systemcare is the best choice for anything anti-virus. There's a free version which scans for Spyware, Registry errors, privacy issues, certain optimization issues in your OS and a ton of other things to help speed up your computer. It also comes with optional useful bloatware which can be downloaded automatically from the "toolbox" tab of the user interface. The most popular toolbox programs are the separate Anti-Malware program, a more optimized and controllable Defrag program and an Uninstaller which scans for leftover residual files; extremely useful when cleaning up viruses and games made by lazy developers. As an IT manager who has payed for the "ultimate" version for around 2 years, I'd say it's well worth the money if you want to pay for it. Most of it is free, but not all of it. I'll post links to 4 of the major tabs and the "quick options" screen.  http://imgur.com/a/CutCX

Highly Recommended
Comic Sans: The most serious of fonts.

TouchMeDaddy!
RE: AntiVirus Programs Suggestions Needed Posted on: 12/05/2016 10:20am
Quote Post

I used to recommend  AVG, but switched to Avira. AVG in its free version become so cluttered with unnecessary features, and presents them in a suggestive style.
I help out a couple of not so tech savvy people, and they quite regularly come with "issues", as it tells them in popups they are not protected  or they clicked in those and installed trial features that are about to expire. I understand that they want to sell their pro version, but a software manufacturer that is so aggressive about it gets a red card from me by default.

What I would also recommend you besides a resident scanner is, run on demands regularly. Besides thinking before clicking this is the third thing in my opinion that everyone should (be able to) do. I prefer Hitman Pro for that. Only 30days trial, but you can reset it, all you need to do is delete C:\ProgramData\HitmanPro\HitmanPro.lic

Hope this helps!