[Information] new pvp is here
RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/20/2016 4:38pm
Quote Post

Something I just noticed if others could report their results can find out if its true or just seems that way.  I had to fight like 12 fights to get my 5 win got CVEs on others.  The ones I won I had about a 50 point advantage on opponent, and the ones I had CVE the other person was either higher or just a few points below me.  Example 1688 to 1682 CVE 1688 to 1624 won.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 3:33am
Quote Post

I'm not sure if we can do something with this but every time PVP fight gets CVE it's only error 2003 (can see in Charles response)

private static const ERROR_COMBAT_VALIDATION_FAILED:uint = 2003; (from client2.swf)

Repeat after me

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 7:32am
Quote Post

Guys i just noticed something that may be important in how we are getting the CVE's. It seems that the selection of PVP fights is no longer random. The first few fights always seem to be against lower opponents (less rating) and after that the opponents seem to get stronger. For me after the first 5 fights it always seems like i am facing opponents of similar or higher rating than mine. Maybe playdom changed the way opponent selection is happening. Anyone noticed the same? and how this may be related to the CVE's?

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 12:47pm
Quote Post

Here's what I'm thinking. This is just a theory.

When a pvp fight is won, the client sends a request code to the server. The server recieves this request code, runs a validation check, and sends a response code back to the client that is either OK or CVE.

The reason why we only get CVE sometimes and not all the time is because this validation check has a time-out function of probably just a few seconds. If the server is too busy to run the validation check, it will just send an OK code without actually verifying the client response, in order to lighten the CPU load/bandwith use. That might explain why sometimes we can win fights with hacks - the server was too taxed to process the request, and just sends an OK code without checking.

This validation check is something that can be turned on and off, in order for them to save bandwidth and CPU usage as needed, which could explain why it's only a relevant issue occasionally.

It would also somewhat confirm some of mine, and other's, findings on how the amount of CVE seems to change through the day. During some hours we get CVE constantly, while other hours of the day we can get multiple fights through without CVE.

But again, just a theory.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 3:06pm
Quote Post
fathead Posted on: 07/21/2016 8:47am

Here's what I'm thinking. This is just a theory.

When a pvp fight is won, the client sends a request code to the server. The server recieves this request code, runs a validation check, and sends a response code back to the client that is either OK or CVE.

The reason why we only get CVE sometimes and not all the time is because this validation check has a time-out function of probably just a few seconds. If the server is too busy to run the validation check, it will just send an OK code without actually verifying the client response, in order to lighten the CPU load/bandwith use. That might explain why sometimes we can win fights with hacks - the server was too taxed to process the request, and just sends an OK code without checking.

This validation check is something that can be turned on and off, in order for them to save bandwidth and CPU usage as needed, which could explain why it's only a relevant issue occasionally.

It would also somewhat confirm some of mine, and other's, findings on how the amount of CVE seems to change through the day. During some hours we get CVE constantly, while other hours of the day we can get multiple fights through without CVE.

But again, just a theory.

If this proves to be true then on the last day of pvp we should be able to get our wins w/o CVEs, but then again there are tons of CVEs on the last day. In my experience anyways.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 5:36pm
Quote Post

Today, I get CVEs from just openning KHUT and winning pvp match while the program running (without logging in)

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 5:41pm
Quote Post
Your (mostly) friendly neighborhood MAA-Mod
mythmizz Posted on: 07/21/2016 1:36pm

Today, I get CVEs from just openning KHUT and winning pvp match while the program running (without logging in)

are you using charles at the same time?

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 8:54pm
Quote Post
kirbyonwarpstar Posted on: 07/21/2016 1:41pm

yes, but it had worked well together before. It's just very strange to me because it has never happened to me before because i didn't apply any hacks and just kept the program running. Maybe i should test it again when my bar is full to figure the thing that cause CVEs or there's a known issue about charles + KHUT ?

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/21/2016 9:07pm
Quote Post
Your (mostly) friendly neighborhood MAA-Mod
mythmizz Posted on: 07/21/2016 4:54pm

yes, but it had worked well together before. It's just very strange to me because it has never happened to me before because i didn't apply any hacks and just kept the program running. Maybe i should test it again when my bar is full to figure the thing that cause CVEs or there's a known issue about charles + KHUT ?

that was your problem, the pvp seems to beable to detect charles for now.
i just use the aoe, animX8 and corned beef scroll and it works fine.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/22/2016 4:29am
Quote Post
kirbyonwarpstar Posted on: 07/21/2016 5:07pm
mythmizz Posted on: 07/21/2016 4:54pm

that was your problem, the pvp seems to beable to detect charles for now.
i just use the aoe, animX8 and corned beef scroll and it works fine  

yeah... it should be Charles that cause CVEs with the pvp server. Tested running only KHUT and it worked just fine.

I tested running charles without any map local also worked just fine on PVP too. I will try testing it with client.xml map local again soon. (which I only edit score multiplier for a little faster start-mastery-collecting-campaign)

EDIT:

I tested by running charles only with map local (on client.xml) and experienced CVEs. I think pvp server can detect map localing for now but I hope that it won't last forever.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/22/2016 1:13pm
Quote Post
chidorist Posted on: 07/21/2016 11:06am

If this proves to be true then on the last day of pvp we should be able to get our wins w/o CVEs, but then again there are tons of CVEs on the last day. In my experience anyways.

True, lots of CVE on the last day even without hacks. But this again is probably due to the server being so overloaded that it times out before it even receives the request code, and thus isn't even aware that you finished a battle. If the client doesn't get a response from the server, it just defaults to CVE.

Basically when you start a PvP fight, your client sends a notification to the server that a pvp battle has been initiated. This is pretty much confirmed because if you start the game, then pull your internet cable out, and start a pvp battle, you will get a CVE. The server then waits for the client's reply with details of how the battle ended. On the last day of pvp, this waiting peroid can sometimes time out before the client sends the results.

But I stress again that this is just conjecture. I don't know for sure if that's how it works.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/22/2016 10:15pm
Quote Post

Faught 15 battles today with Khut hacks on  skip fight , max dammage and Without restrictions and got a CVE only on 15th battle..I will try more after reload.

Nope Cve after each battle now.

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/22/2016 11:49pm
Quote Post

So, Faiza's level 2 ability is subtle, causes a single target to lose their turn, and has no cooldown. 

I really, really wanna take advantage of this before it's patched, but I'm thinking it might be a little too obvious. Any thoughts? 

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/23/2016 6:42am
Quote Post
CorrTerek Posted on: 07/22/2016 7:49pm

So, Faiza's level 2 ability is subtle, causes a single target to lose their turn, and has no cooldown. 

I really, really wanna take advantage of this before it's patched, but I'm thinking it might be a little too obvious. Any thoughts? 

I'm doing the same since I bought her, she is so amazing, didn't say this about a hero in a long long time. For me she gets locked for one turn after that move but if you use Mantis or other heroes/gear to get extra turns she will be fine and do the same lockout in round 2. My fights end in a minute.

Since no one can see your team-up you are fine, make sure you keep your armory updated with the latest SO research items and don't go above 2000. If you have strong hero bonuses it won't matter.

Repeat after me

RE: new pvp is here Posted on: 07/23/2016 11:31am
Quote Post
abuu Posted on: 07/23/2016 2:42am

Since no one can see your team-up you are fine, make sure you keep your armory updated with the latest SO research items and don't go above 2000. If you have strong hero bonuses it won't matter.

Okay, I thought other players could see your offensive team, for some reason. 

But yeah, Faiza is glorious. I can't see her moveset remaining unpatched for long, but until it is I intend to use it to its fullest.