[Help] SWF tools and finding the right files
SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 1:43pm
Quote Post

Hello,
So I have been using CE for a few years now to its basic potential of modifying certain aspects of games (mainly do this on Kongregate and flash before I knew this site existed).  Then I came across the KHUT and noticed there were hacks that don't all work.   I found the tutorial on AOB and that is where I started. 
I downloaded the tools booted up the game memory dumped the game addresses.   This is where my first problem came in.   I read that an * would represent the main game address (not sure if that is the proper term for it or not) but didn't find an * next to any of the addresses.
So I dumped all the addresses and loaded them into the SoThink decompressor thinking I would be able to find the attribute for attack.  (in an attempt to make the 1 hit kill hack again) but when I searched terms like attack (which is used in the game) damage, ect.  nothing was found.

So the question I have is am I missing a step?  am I not loading the right processes? or is there something else I am not doing right?   Obviously I have a ways to go since I'm on step 3 of the tutorial but

RE: SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 2:19pm
Quote Post
Oh, hey...

The only problem here could be this:

"Swf version is too low"

The Default Swf version of Swf Memory dumper is 15, and I have come across many games with a swf of 23 and up. You can increase the swf version by clicking on Options and click "Set max SWF version."

Lastly, SWF's can have lots of Addresses with Asterisks, but the right SWF will always have the largest size.

RE: SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 3:41pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

Most likely you tried to dump a non flash game in a flash manner. Also sorry to break the magic but the asterisk is only a visual cue for big files(bigger than 1mb)

You just choose an online game to learn. Did you really expect it to be the easiest? Nope it isn't

RE: SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 5:57pm
Quote Post
Zenwaichi Posted on: 10/06/2016 11:41am

Most likely you tried to dump a non flash game in a flash manner. Also sorry to break the magic but the asterisk is only a visual cue for big files(bigger than 1mb)

Yeah that's my bad I wasn't realizing that this was for flash games only.   Is there another way to use this program for games that aren't flash or would I just have to use another program like CE and find what I need using the "injection" method?

No, I didn't think it was going to be easy, nothing worth learning is but some things I get a little farther along before I hit a problem I can't figure out...  :P

RE: SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 6:26pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

if with program you mean sothink then no, it's only for flash. For other cases you either go freestyle with ce like tools and/or debuggers.
Not sure what you mean with injection method

RE: SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 7:00pm
Quote Post
Zenwaichi Posted on: 10/06/2016 2:26pm

if with program you mean sothink then no, it's only for flash. For other cases you either go freestyle with ce like tools and/or debuggers.
Not sure what you mean with injection method

by Injection method I am referring to CE where you find the value that you want to modify, then find what writes the value, decompressing it and then modify it but the tab to modify the script is "Inject AOB" so I might be over using that term.. 
Just running with what I know, there might be something else to call it.

RE: SWF tools and finding the right files Posted on: 10/06/2016 9:33pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack

moved from administration to FAQ's because this is a frequent question.

also if you want more specific help, you can always ask someone in the chat. theres almost always someone in there that will know the answers to any of your questions. (just dont expect an instant response lol)

as for the topic, if you're following a guide/tutorial, 99% chance its for a game that is not online or multiplayer. if you want to follow that, try with an offline game. hacking an online game really isnt recommended as your first hacking adventure. a lot of times people will try for months to make a single hack. what they dont realize is that they DID make a working hack, but because its an online game it had no effect, and they eventually give up because of how frustrating that is. we recommend offline single player games as a starting point because you can clearly see when your hack is right and working, and then when you get the hang of how everything works and how to make hacks, THEN try for an online game.

it doesnt matter if its a flash game, or a AAA title from Steam. if you dont learn to walk, you'll never run. start small and work your way up.

and to answer your question in the OP, you can check https://konghack.com/topic/8005-how_to_hack_and_how_to_use_konghack and see if you are selecting the right process. if what you're looking for isnt in the tutorial or wiki, ask in chat. we dont bite too much wink