[Resolved] Chat is dead
Chat is dead Posted on: 11/18/2016 11:24am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

In case you were wondering, it looks like our chat server is dead.  DO moved it, which involved a shutdown, and that seems to have broken it to all fuck.  I've spent all the time I can this morning trying to get it back up and running, but have had no luck.  I'll try again when I've got some time.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Chat is dead Posted on: 11/18/2016 5:48pm
Quote Post
Oh, hey...

Thanks a lot for the information Tim. After trying to connect to chat five times, I came to the conclusion that the chat was currently unavailable and it wasn't my connection causing this. I hope things go well with you fixing the chat up and thanks for the hard work.

RE: Chat is dead Posted on: 11/18/2016 9:46pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack

yeah i remember you saying the maintenence thing was going to happen on a friday and it would take an hour or two. so when it wouldnt let me in 7 hours later, i assumed it was borked. glad to know that youre aware of it and working on it.

the chat may be 100x better for communicating, but dont kill yourself trying to get it back up

RE: Chat is dead Posted on: 11/18/2016 10:25pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

I think chat is still down just because he spent the day at work.

RE: Chat is dead Posted on: 11/19/2016 11:05am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

I'm having no luck at all with this thing.  It basically gets stuck at "starting" and produces 0 errors

RE: Chat is dead Posted on: 11/19/2016 1:18pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Finally got it.  Did a fresh install of everything on the box, problem solved. :D

RE: Chat is dead Posted on: 11/19/2016 1:22pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 11/19/2016 8:18am

Did a fresh install of everything on the box, problem solved. :D

why is it that everytime theres a really weird problem that you cant figure out wtf is wrong, reinstalling everything fixes it? like, its happened at least 3 or 4 times now. im starting to think the programs are out to get you, tim.