(REQUEST) The Grinns Tale
update aob

Wondering where the hacks are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Wondering where the sol files are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

(REQUEST) The Grinns Tale

update aob
Last Updated: 10/23/2013 16:36

The Grinns Tale

Last Updated: 03/13/2013 01:15

The Grinns Tale

-migrated-
Last Updated: 12/17/2012 09:59

The Eight Team

Get your village population up to 8

Ghost of a Chance

Defeat the Grand Ghost on floor 25 of the tower

Game Dscription
Let the Grinns take you on the adventure of a lifetime. Recruit a party of wacky cohorts, establish a base of operations so you can craft gear and produce batt...
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/17/2013 12:00am
Quote Post
I use the original version as well as my mod to take care of multi attack, the only problem I have found is on certain higher lv fights causing a problem. I'm working on the solution as i think it deals with enemies that poison attacking themselves. And perhaps ones that deal return damage, which might cause an infinite loop.

You can always use the enemies do nothing one instead but that is slow. I'm working on a work around.

Edit: I'm prety sure spikeArmor is one of the causes. Level "Mystbourne 5" is a good test to see if it crashes since they have spike armor on 1st wave and it always crashes sometime in the wave when the enemies attack each other, even when you dont attack at all.

I've tried jumping sections dealing with that damage but it always causes the game to say there is a problem. I'm tired of looking right now but adding this so others might pick up the search for a nice solution.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/17/2013 9:22pm
Quote Post
I really need to learn some AS3 and to followup with learning to make AoBs. But in the meantime, I have a request:

Instead of hunger having "no effect", how about simply not lowering hunger? One of the reasons to do this is that there seems to be an error in GD with the `no effect` hunger AoB where you'll error out if your heros are starving.

I believe the function is called decrementStamina in Building->Component->CombatComponent
This is the function:

public function decrementStamina(param1:int = 1) : void
{
if (this._stamina - param1 >= 0)
{
this._stamina = this._stamina - param1;
}
this._self.CombatGraphicComponent.updateHungerState();
if (this.isTired())
{
this._self.CombatGraphicComponent.playCharacterMotion("hungry");
}
return;
}// end function

RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/18/2013 12:19pm
Quote Post
Would it be possible to get some sort of resource hack? Maybe using the adventurers 2x resources skill, having it become like 50x or something.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/18/2013 10:40pm
Quote Post
The current "tired has no effect" AoB seems to have been patched or something. It now causes crashes pretty quickly (have your grins starving, do 3 or so rooms and youll)
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 3:35am
Quote Post
cloud007 Posted on: 03/18/2013 16:40
The current "tired has no effect" AoB seems to have been patched or something. It now causes crashes pretty quickly (have your grins starving, do 3 or so rooms and youll)

I think the client flash is pretty the same as a few days before (ie.aob still work well on client side ) , but somehow, stamina/tireness is monitored on serverside (the "crash" should be caused by server) now, I think.... :/

No +karma or thanks post please,
we shall exchange appreciation via telepathy ;)

RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 4:30am
Quote Post
If you don't use the "tired has no effect" aob, then the following codes will allow you to do incredible damage with tired characters (though your attack speed will be at a crawl, so use with the "monsters don't do anything" aob):

24 01 d5 2c f5 3d
24 f7 d5 2c f5 3d

and

62 09 a2 24 64 a3
62 09 a0 24 64 a0

Since you one-shot most things with this, it's not good for resource collection, but it's great for when you want to get through upper-level dungeons in a hurry, particularly dungeons with bosses in them. If you want to go faster, get your heroes the ricochet ability.

For the record, both of these aobs are located in the BattleMath file, in case this isn't patchproof, which is likely.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 6:08am
Quote Post

Action Points are 8x 4bytes + 6. Freeze amount and you can keep using action points. However once refreshed, those used will be added onto your actual therefore making it negatives.

I dont know if anyone is getting this but the AOBS all work on regular levels, but when it comes to the Grinnfinite Dungeon, I keep crashing.

RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 7:46am
Quote Post
Be careful with the AoBs. People are getting banned more commonly and the game does have some basic level of logging.

The "hunger has no effect" AoB now causes you to crash if you use starving Grinns to attack (3-4 levels outside of GD, 3 levels inside GD).
Enemies attacking themselves usually will crash you by wave ~25 of GD
Enemies doing nothing seems to be the only viable AoB. However, as advised, use some logic if you dont want to get banned. If you get 1-2 shot my mobs on a certain floor level, then being on that floor level with your setup would be suspicious/bannable.

In regards to SaucyJacks "massive damage" for tired characters, youd probably get banned both for doing more damage than 1 with a tired character as well as being at a tower level that should be impossible to get to.

Does seem like a nice AoB though Saucy, great work.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 10:42am
Quote Post
Villager Run!!! (for real! :D )
 63 07 62 05 62 07 0c ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 

No +karma or thanks post please,
we shall exchange appreciation via telepathy ;)

RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 11:18am
Quote Post
hogenw Posted on: 03/19/2013 00:08

Action Points are 8x 4bytes + 6. Freeze amount and you can keep using action points. However once refreshed, those used will be added onto your actual therefore making it negatives.

Also, your MAX action points are 4b*8+6 as well, so search, build/upgrade a cottage, search again. I end up with four values; set them to something higher, and then build/upgrade another cottage to see the change take effect.

EDIT: Values don't carry over on refresh. In addition, even though you can set the max higher, the action points won't regen past your regular max. However, happiness/happiness-max are also 4b*8+6, and setting them higher (while the values don't carry over on refresh) will at least enable you to build the structures that need a lot of happiness to construct.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 2:45pm
Quote Post
I honestly don't understand why anyone would get banned in this game. It's not multiplayer, so cheating affects noone but yourself. With the exception of buying pramins, I guess, though that doesn't seem hackable.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 5:43pm
Quote Post
The version of SoThink that I have doesn't have a search function, for whatever reason...could someone list all the subfiles that "tired" and "strong" are located in?
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/19/2013 7:19pm
Quote Post
get a 7.0 then... Internet is an open space

RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/20/2013 1:54am
Quote Post
Well... my account on grinn tales "gets suspended for suspecting violation", my kong account is fine.
RE: (REQUEST) The Grinns Tale Posted on: 03/30/2013 3:43am
Quote Post

For Grinns Tale on the tired grinns able to do massive hits.

It doesn't really work with f7 and the damage just goes negative.

You can,however, set it below that damage to say 60-100, in that range the likelihood of refreshing goes down but occasionally it does.

For saucy jack's version. what does the 2nd AoB do?