[Suggestion] CE's readmem function
CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/09/2014 1:23am
Quote Post

Trainer Version: x.x.xx
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Suggestion:

Hey, I think it would be really cool if you could add readmem to this bitch, or at least something similar, like a pig capable climbing to tree top.  Yeah, a pig capable climbing to tree top please.

:)  seriously, readmem is a cheatengine auto-assembler script function. Its format on CE AA is like this:

_aLabel+12:
readmem(_anotherLabel+3, 2)

it is equivalent as :
_aLabel+12:
db xx yy

where xx yy is the aob of length 2 at address _anotherLabel+3

_anotherLabel may be same _aLabel.

It is similar to a memcopy function, with source, destination and length.

The readmem function allow to make a bit more complex cheat that like, replacing string, function etc.

As an example, Kingroad's Remote Service make heavy use of this function.

The same can be make without this readmem function, but it allow the aob to be more update resistant.

It may need to change the page ui of entering aob.

Thank you~

No +karma or thanks post please,
we shall exchange appreciation via telepathy ;)

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/09/2014 2:37am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

If Kolonel can handle the C# end, I can build whatever we need for the site to function.  Might just have to make a different category of hack with a different UI, similarly to how the AoB stuff doesn't show up unless you select the AoB hack type.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/09/2014 3:10am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack

from what i understand, kadat doesnt use any part of cheat engine or its functions. he built everything himself.
in order for it to use cheatengine functions would require tons of effort and time,or possibly just integrating the trainer with cheat engine itself.

he might be able to build some form of autoassembly or Lua scripting into the trainer. though it might take a while. especially since im sure he'll work on the trainer actually installing and working for everyone before he adds more functions to it. right kadat? right? *cough*

personally, if he was able to integrate trainer functionality with autoassembly and lua, id submit many more trainers. just the fact that the autoassembly creates its own codecave would be tremendously helpful for many of the hackers here.

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/09/2014 3:15am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

That's correct.  He's not using any part of CE.  It's all Kolonel.

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/09/2014 8:44am
Quote Post
thenewcomer Posted on: 07/08/2014 11:10pm

from what i understand, kadat doesnt use any part of cheat engine or its functions. he built everything himself.
in order for it to use cheatengine functions would require tons of effort and time,or possibly just integrating the trainer with cheat engine itself.

he might be able to build some form of autoassembly or Lua scripting into the trainer. though it might take a while. especially since im sure he'll work on the trainer actually installing and working for everyone before he adds more functions to it. right kadat? right? *cough*

personally, if he was able to integrate trainer functionality with autoassembly and lua, id submit many more trainers. just the fact that the autoassembly creates its own codecave would be tremendously helpful for many of the hackers here.

I bet Sir Kolonelkadat will say it is a peice of cake for readmem function in itself, comparing with x86 or lua script (these may be 2 or 3 peices of cake :D ).
But readmem do have some caveat, eg. overlapping of source and destination, ie.   memcopy(0x10 (source), 0x20 (dest), 50 (length)), this need special care , for example, that may have to copy by reversing the copy direction, or just disallow overlapping.

I do agree it may be in last of to-do-list.

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/15/2014 12:13am
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.

i like this idea, and i can see its use. I would like to eventually implement this.

two things though.

thing 1) its a lot of code. its not hard code, but it is a lot of code
thing 2) because i am not a fastidious coder, I live by a set of rules that were handed down to me by a loud booming voice while I was on top of a mountain. Among the rules carved into stone by lightning is the commandment "thou shall not use memcpy." wink

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/15/2014 12:32am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Here's the thing.  If we allow users to load scripts via our Trainer, we're effectively runing our trainer into a potential virus factory.  One ass clown adds some code that deletes system32 or downloads a botnet and we're fucked.  Something like this is going to require a sign off system where at least 2 mods review the code and sign off on it as clean.

An Aob, while potentially dangerous, is just modifying the memory of the local application.  Should we see a 1000 character AoB, I'm sure someone will say something.  Sound we miss a malicious chunk of code, well, the person who runs it might not be able to respond for a while.

Any ideas?

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/15/2014 2:40am
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 07/14/2014 8:32pm

Here's the thing.  If we allow users to load scripts via our Trainer, we're effectively runing our trainer into a potential virus factory.  One ass clown adds some code that deletes system32 or downloads a botnet and we're fucked.  Something like this is going to require a sign off system where at least 2 mods review the code and sign off on it as clean.

An Aob, while potentially dangerous, is just modifying the memory of the local application.  Should we see a 1000 character AoB, I'm sure someone will say something.  Sound we miss a malicious chunk of code, well, the person who runs it might not be able to respond for a while.

Any ideas?

I understand the risk.
But I think bad thing can be made by AoB alone.
For an example, a simple and short AoB alone can change a PC-game's update url to a site of the game's update copy with malicius modification.
It would be harder for web-player game tho.

On the other hand, disallow memcpy from and to executable memory region may lower the risk.
We knew EHoK had made some native code AoB for web game, and PC-game mostly has to modify native code.
May disallow read/write to executable memory only for the cheat involved memcpy?

ADDED:
Only allow a limited number of memcpy per cheat, and only copy limited length for each memcpy command,
should prevent the cheat doing 'big' thing?
This limitation can be done on the web-page entering AoB.

And, finally, only allow O trusted members to enter cheat using memcpy?

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/15/2014 3:15am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
haenawolf Posted on: 07/14/2014 10:40pm
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 07/14/2014 8:32pm

Any ideas?

I understand the risk. But I think bad thing can be made by AoB alone.
For an example, a simple and short AoB alone can change a PC-game's update url to a site of the game's update copy with malicius modification.
It would be harder for web-player game tho.

this is true, but loading trainers or scripts directly is more of a risk than an aob. we know an aob's length and if there are aob's that are larger than normal, the mods know pretty quickly.

haenawolf Posted on: 07/14/2014 10:40pm
On the other hand, disallow memcpy from and to executable memory region may lower the risk.

We knew EHoK had made some native code AoB for web game, and PC-game mostly has to modify native code.
May disallow read/write to executable memory only for the cheat involved memcpy?

ADDED:
Only allow a limited number of memcpy per cheat, and only copy limited length for each memcpy command,
should prevent the cheat doing 'big' thing?
This limitation can be done on the web-page entering AoB.

And, finally, only allow O trusted members to enter cheat using memcpy?

i dont think the memcpy would be much of a risk if kadat codes it properly, since its just being used for the readmem function.

the trusted member thing would be a good idea, but the amount of coding for readmem probably isnt worth it just for the 20 or so trusted member that may or may not use it.

kolonelkadat Posted on: 07/14/2014 8:13pm

I live by a set of rules that were handed down to me by a loud booming voice while I was on top of a mountain. Among the rules carved into stone by lightning is the commandment "thou shall not use memcpy."

lol. ok moses. go use your snake staff to part the sea and talk to burning bushes. just remember you cant wear sandals.

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 07/15/2014 10:51am
Quote Post

@thenewcomer
.., but the amount of coding for readmem probably isnt worth it just for the 20 or so trusted member that may or may not use it.

I'll post some use case when I dig up some suitable examples, hopefully more ppl will use the thing.
bye~

EDIT:
eh... may be later. Tried to find a simpler example, but it turn out I've made the cloudstone multi-buff instead.

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 12/30/2014 6:12am
Quote Post

#HYPE

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 12/30/2014 7:10pm
Quote Post

wow,I almost got an orgasm! Thank you for the works and continuing concern ~ :D

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 05/04/2015 6:47am
Quote Post

got a chance to work on this again

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 05/04/2015 8:47am
Quote Post

cheers laugh

RE: CE's readmem function Posted on: 05/04/2015 12:21pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

It's now live on the site for testing!