[Help] KHUT not able to handle partial byte wildcards in AoB?

Lets say I have a AoB like 24 00 10 1? 00 00 60 ?? ?? 12 1? 00 00 60 ?? ?? 66 ?? ?? d? 29 blah blah you get the idea...

I know KHUT can handle a wildcard like "??" but can it handle a partial byte wildcard like "1?" or "D?" etc.

I ask because in my cheat engine trainer I use an AoB like the one above, but in KHUT that EXACT SAME AoB fails where it is successful 100% of the time in cheat engine in the same exact game.

Feature request???

Been wondering why my box hacks started getting flagged after using wildcards in them since they worked perfect in my private CE trainer, but then I tried for myself in KHUT and sure enough failed...double checked the hack submission and it is exactly identical.

Any chance you can take a look at it and see if that is the case? Be nice to be able to use a single digit wildcard IE from patch to patch a value like 10 12 00 00 changes to 10 13 00 00 in the next patch, and the patch after that it goes back to 10 12 00 00.... and since those values are generally the most unique in the code they are really the only ones I can anchor the wild cards to even dragging out the AOB to 24 bytes to ensure we only get a single hit.

Thanks!

The Laziest Man on KongHack

if i remember correctly, cheatengine treats X? the same as ?? but i could be wrong. its been a while

You're right, just tested the theory, and it does. Meh.

Still be a nice feature I think if it did work as a single wild card. =D

effewe2 Posted on: 05/08/2015 7:53pm

You're right, just tested the theory, and it does. Meh.

Still be a nice feature I think if it did work as a single wild card. =D

i agree, a single character/half byte*  wildcard would definitely be useful

*i saw someone call it a nybble on the interwebs, but thats stupid and i refuse to use that term

Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

get your shit straight, last time I tried, cheat engine threated everything that bullshit inside an aob-string as a wildcard( try to swap 1? with xz or ?z). Also I mean, this is so useless while being time consuming to implement(think about the binary represantion of all the possible wildcarded values) 

Zenwaichi Posted on: 05/08/2015 10:08pm

get your shit straight, last time I tried, cheat engine threated everything that bullshit inside an aob-string as a wildcard( try to swap 1? with xz or ?z). Also I mean, this is so useless while being time consuming to implement(think about the binary represantion of all the possible wildcarded values) 

shift left

Never let a computer tell me shit.

if someone else wants to write the algorithm for it... 4 branches max.
to be clear, just the byte comparison algo.
oh, and you need to encode all the bit masks for the wildcard bytes as an int 

something maybe like 
if (srcaob[k] != -1 && ((int)(array[j+k])&(srcaob[k]>>8)!=(srcaob[k]>>8)) && (int)(array[j+k]) != (srcaob[k]))
{
    goto exit;
}    

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

disgruntled old man
thenewcomer Posted on: 05/08/2015 10:08pm

*i saw someone call it a nybble on the interwebs, but thats stupid and i refuse to use that term

FYI: Half a byte is known as a nibble.

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
gates Posted on: 05/09/2015 12:00am
thenewcomer Posted on: 05/08/2015 10:08pm

FYI: Half a byte is known as a nibble.

i still refuse to call it that. i shall call it a quartet though, thanks to that page.