Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot
-migrated-
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 10/26/2010 2:23am
Quote Post
Ok - new version.
I updated the arena code that searches for Battle icons, the code the searches for the exit, and the code that checks to see if you died.
Since it was a lot of changes, I've only implemented it on DFA so far.  So please give DFA a try now and see if it works better for you.
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 10/29/2010 3:51am
Quote Post
Sorry for the late reply.

On my first run with it, i completed all battles in the first and second room. Then it stopped moving. The next four or five times, it couldnt find the battle menu in the first fight.... maybe that has something to do with the FF 3.6 update? Idk thats the only thing that changed...
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 10/29/2010 4:49am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Aerelyte"
Sorry for the late reply.

On my first run with it, i completed all battles in the first and second room. Then it stopped moving. The next four or five times, it couldnt find the battle menu in the first fight.... maybe that has something to do with the FF 3.6 update? Idk thats the only thing that changed...

Hmmm - ok.  I'll play with it some more next week.
I don't know if this is relevant or not but - what are your Color Quality settings in Windows?  (Right click desktop, Properties, Settings)  32 bit?  16 bit?  Something else?
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 10/31/2010 12:54am
Quote Post
1440x900 screen res with 32bit color quality.

On an additional note: Sometimes the server is lagging pretty badly... and ill walk onto a portal and not actually enter the dungeon... while the script continues working as usual. Is there some type of check to combat this?

Also, on the arena grinds, would it be possible to manually input the coordinates for each battle that the mouse needs to hit within the 700x640 game window?  Like... "right click on coord x,y (pause) [initiate battle sequence portion of the script] then once out of battle, go to next one" this would take some manual work so that we can get all the correct coordinates, but it would be a good solution to getting BRA in there at least AND not having to worry about color searches and whatnot... not to mention you wouldnt have to worry about the script bombing in the last rooms of BRA... idk, just a thought. If you think this MAY be a viable solution and need help gathering coords for all the battles, please let me know and ill run through the arena and get them for you. (if you tell me the best way of how to do that)
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/01/2010 6:58am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Aerelyte"
On an additional note: Sometimes the server is lagging pretty badly... and ill walk onto a portal and not actually enter the dungeon... while the script continues working as usual. Is there some type of check to combat this?

Yes, there are lag checks to make sure the battle/exit pads appears before it tries to click on them.  Coincidentally, this was the last piece of code that looks for a specific color instead of a range so I updated that.  So hopefully that will improve your DFA run (I still haven't updated the other arenas yet.)   I found I could test an ultra-laggy system by limiting my bandwidth through my router.   So the next time my kids mouth off to me, their laptops will take a trip through time back to the 1200baud modem days that I grew up on.   (Either that or I'll just slap em!   :twisted: )

As far as putting in specific coordinates for every battle in an arena, sure, that would work.  But 1 - I don't think thats the cause of your problems; 2 - it's a lot of work (I know because I can't figure out a way around it for SS2) and 3 - it would defeat the purpose of my super-elegant (cough) arena programming.
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/01/2010 2:03pm
Quote Post
Mkay running DFA on the newest script it gets to the second floor, third room where it promptly goes to the middle, goes back to the portal it just came from and proceeds to go back to the first room where it opens the get gold with kreds page. Fortunately it didn't buy anything.

On a second run through DFA it seems to be working fine. It must just glitch out occasionally.

Also slight criticism, it takes down monsters in a positioning order, not a difficulty order, which is excellent for DFA for me, but in BRA I'd die eventually, I'm an AS so I have no heals or anything, I can solo BRA if I'm sensible with my attack pattern.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/01/2010 11:18pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Maximillian"
Mkay running DFA on the newest script it gets to the second floor, third room where it promptly goes to the middle, goes back to the portal it just came from and proceeds to go back to the first room where it opens the get gold with kreds page. Fortunately it didn't buy anything.

Hmm - I've never had it click down in the 'get gold' area - I thought I had some logic to account for that but maybe not.  Did you maybe move the screen while it was running?  Cause that will cause all sorts of mayhem.

Also slight criticism, it takes down monsters in a positioning order, not a difficulty order, which is excellent for DFA for me, but in BRA I'd die eventually, I'm an AS so I have no heals or anything, I can solo BRA if I'm sensible with my attack pattern.

Thats an issue in just about any battle but theres no easy way for the script to analyze the 'threat level' of each creature.   Plus, it's more a matter of opinion than an exact science depending on your: character type, def, res, armor, etc.  The solution - keep grinding until they can't kill you anymore!
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/04/2010 12:07pm
Quote Post
Mmkay I've run through DFA completely now without dying and it does not restart because it's in the lobby and it for some reason doesn't work in the lobby, so once I've completed an arena it won't restart.

I've not had anymore problems involving click on the gold (no I hadn't moved the screen) or it not completing the arena.

Mm on the 'Generic' mode, it tends to click the top circle instead of the middle one, so it doesn't go into the dungeon. Tested this on three dungeons.

Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/05/2010 12:15am
Quote Post
Ive tried multiple times (with the latest version) to run thru dfa... however, once i get to the second room, it moves the cursor over on top of my character... then stops working. I manually move it to the prortal, and it works up until room 5, in which case it goes over to my character again... maybe in the way it searches, my char is wearing one of the colors that the script looks for and it finds me before it finds the portal? thats the only thing i would think of...but im wearing all gray and black  so...idk. But really.. so far elementals is working just fine for me... though if i did dfa or bra, my leveling would go  faster.
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/05/2010 1:36pm
Quote Post
DFA works fine but doesn't restart, BRA works fine til I die then crashes.

Generic doesn't work at all, clicks the top circle instead of the middle one.

Tsula's only fights one battle then leaves the dungeon, comes back in, one fight etc. Which is good, until you fall asleep and you die.

Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/05/2010 9:33pm
Quote Post
Thats a feature. It'll do that a few times then finishes the dungeon for better exp/min
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/05/2010 10:45pm
Quote Post
Oh that's cool! But the other two points still stand.

Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/06/2010 12:43am
Quote Post
generic... idk, i dont think it really matters as all the major grinding points are already there and work just fine....
Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/06/2010 3:26am
Quote Post
Mmmm, not really, it only starts the grinding worthy from level 60+ which makes it a bitch and a half for levelling up none-main characters.

PS, I do love the bot, it's amazing! Just a few problems XD

Re: Sacred Seasons 1 script/bot Posted on: 11/06/2010 4:24am
Quote Post
Mmmm, not really, it only starts the grinding worthy from level 60+ which makes it a bitch and a half for levelling up none-main characters.

PS, I do love the bot, it's amazing! Just a few problems XD

I'm working on some fixes and should release another version tonight.
It sounds like you missed the 'Newbie Grind' feature.  Made especially for low level characters who can't do Tsulas yet - it takes them on increasingly harder dungeons.  I haven't tested it a whole lot but it works a lot better than the generic - which as you've noticed, almost never works.