Voting on hacks!
RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 02/17/2015 8:31pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Faddin Posted on: 02/17/2015 11:51am

I have discovered how to vote on the forums. Being a new member does the auto vote count towards points or is it only the votes on the forums?

auto-votes do count.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/01/2015 12:35am
Quote Post

hooray for auto-votes :DD

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/02/2015 12:45pm
Quote Post

It's a crappy system to have to "force" people to post stuff. You get more useless stuff that clutters the forums-- like my post right now :p

A site will receive plenty of ad revenue from lurkers so why force them to post is beyond me. Let us lurkers read and vote ...

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/02/2015 1:48pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
sskkambad Posted on: 03/02/2015 7:45am

It's a crappy system to have to "force" people to post stuff. You get more useless stuff that clutters the forums-- like my post right now :p

A site will receive plenty of ad revenue from lurkers so why force them to post is beyond me. Let us lurkers read and vote ...

What fucking Ad revenue?  We've made $73 dollars from ads in the several years we've been online.  Considering we're at about $170/mo to run the site, fuck you. :D

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/03/2015 12:13am
Quote Post

...Only $73 thats a bit to less for a whole year.
Just saying cause i never knew it was only $73 >.> whats going on with yo site?

Why you must read/look at this?

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/03/2015 1:05am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
demonsoso Posted on: 03/02/2015 7:13pm

...Only $73 thats a bit to less for a whole year.
Just saying cause i never knew it was only $73 >.> whats going on with yo site?

That's over a 2 year period bro.

This is a hacking site.  The majority of users run adblockers or are premium so they don't see the ads.

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/03/2015 2:03am
Quote Post

Woahhhh 2years.... hmmm adblocker seems like a thing i must get >.> thanks for the info :DDD

Why you must read/look at this?

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/09/2015 6:19pm
Quote Post

about same opinion here...

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/10/2015 11:13am
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 03/02/2015 8:48am

What fucking Ad revenue?  We've made $73 dollars from ads in the several years we've been online.  Considering we're at about $170/mo to run the site, fuck you. :D

Because I'm sure making people post shit helped with that. That's my point dumbass.

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/10/2015 1:36pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
sskkambad Posted on: 03/10/2015 7:13am

Because I'm sure making people post shit helped with that. That's my point dumbass.

Lol, doesn't look like you'll be posting anymore.  Enjoy your ban, dumbass.

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/10/2015 3:34pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
sskkambad Posted on: 03/10/2015 7:13am
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 03/02/2015 8:48am

that 73 dollars was from the two or three years this site had been online BEFORE the point system and 5 post requirement were even an idea. meaning there was plenty of lurkers that did nothing, just like you want to be. as you can see, that didnt help at all. the ad revenue is non existent. unless you want this place to have ads on both sides, the top, and a popup everytime you click, theres no way in hell we'd generate even a quarter of the cost to keep the site running. assuming things makes an ass out of you and me, except in this case its mostly you.

tldr; ads are total dildos. if you want to lurk, go ahead. you know the rules though, so dont complain when your account gets dropped like a sack of potatoes for not doing anything productive.

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/10/2015 6:56pm
Quote Post

Just to clarify - nobody forces you to post.
Want hacks - enjoy hacks.

The 5 posts only give you more privileges, like the ability to vote. But you don't need that to keep your account here.
Join the chat - some points there.
Submit a new game - more points.
Best of all - submit a hack - a ton of points.
Check https://konghack.com/ucp/points/store.php for other ways to earn points.

Look around the forums, very possibly something will catch your interest. Also, sometimes Tim asks for thoughts/help about a site change he is considering.
Post your honest opinion and in no time you will have 5 posts.

Just don't post crap for the sake of posting. And don't necro a bazilion moons old threads. That's a sure path towards the banhammer :P

P.S. only 73$ ? So, the site practically has been running off Tims pocket all this time...

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.
RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/10/2015 10:17pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Creamy Posted on: 03/10/2015 2:56pm

Just to clarify - nobody forces you to post.
Want hacks - enjoy hacks.

The 5 posts only give you more privileges, like the ability to vote. But you don't need that to keep your account here.
Join the chat - some points there.
Submit a new game - more points.
Best of all - submit a hack - a ton of points.
Check https://konghack.com/ucp/points/store.php for other ways to earn points.

Look around the forums, very possibly something will catch your interest. Also, sometimes Tim asks for thoughts/help about a site change he is considering.
Post your honest opinion and in no time you will have 5 posts.

Just don't post crap for the sake of posting. And don't necro a bazilion moons old threads. That's a sure path towards the banhammer :P

P.S. only 73$ ? So, the site practically has been running off Tims pocket all this time...

Meh, Ive only spent about a grand of my own money.  The rest has been donated by the community. :D

If you seen someone with a sponsor logo, thank them for helping keep the site online. :)

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/13/2015 1:43am
Quote Post

What is the icon that looks like chrome browser a hack for? Chrome browser only? What about a blank emblem? I use 3 kinds on one game (Blank/K (kongregate symbol) and Chrome symbol)

RE: Voting on hacks! Posted on: 03/13/2015 2:38am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Rampant_uterus Posted on: 03/12/2015 9:43pm

What is the icon that looks like chrome browser a hack for? Chrome browser only? What about a blank emblem? I use 3 kinds on one game (Blank/K (kongregate symbol) and Chrome symbol)

It stands for "Other".  I like Chrome better than Opera, so a giant O was out.